Things I'd like to see on the 2022 Exp's (coming from a 2020 KR)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
buckwheat-phd

buckwheat-phd

Reaction score
Put better sway bars in from the factory, I enjoy helping the aftermarket guys, but sheesh, not an expensive or difficult upgrade.
Start putting the engine covers back on the cars...
Better sound deadening. There's a lot of road noise etc throughout, for something this size and cost, a good layer of sound deadening material would go along way, especially with the aluminum skin, aluminum transmits a lot of vibration.

Superior ideas, 5280.

Swaybars: I've notice that accelerating around a corner will lift the inside rear almost off the ground. First time it happened I about sh*$#@. I really thought that 1) independent suspension and 2) magnetic shocks would have fixed that. Maybe it has to be in "sport" mode to make it workable. Hate to sound ignorant, but does the KR have swaybars as standard? I'm too lazy to just go look lol.

Engine covers: You bet! Why'd they take them off to being with I'm wondering.

Sound deadening: Oh boy, almost every 2018-2021 review said the exact same thing. How much trouble would it be to somehow spray in or add in sound deaden-er, like Fatmat etc?

Thanks again

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a 2012 QX56 with the body motion control suspension option. it really impressed me. Very stable and smooth ride and cornering had literally zero lean for a huge SUV lol. my 2018 Plati leans like a MFer.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a 2012 QX56 with the body motion control suspension option. it really impressed me. Very stable and smooth ride and cornering had literally zero lean for a huge SUV lol. my 2018 Plati leans like a MFer.
That hydraulic system must really do wonders for the infiniti. The 18 armada I have now leans more and has very little body control compares to my 18 expy. I did however had the base suspension, which is notably stiffer than the ccd. I bet the ccd feels more like the base infiniti/nissan system and the base expy feels more like the hydraulic system in the qx

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe we should ask what we DON'T want to see. Maybe not four recalls when half the truck haven't been delivered or aren't complete? Granted, this is a small number, but still. Especially with a safety component.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if it's more of a pkg instead of an actual trim, but im excited about it either way. I wonder what fords gonna do to narrow the ride and handling between it and the gms.