Thinking of buying a 2003 Eddie Bauer, anything I should watch out for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Passenger side. The box is to the right of the large red wire. Fuse block in foreground on right.

-snip-

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Okay, I'll show that to mom and we can go look for it again today, but now I'm a bit confused about the whole Drivers side VS Passenger Side and 2003 VS 2004...

On the good side, I fixed the wiper, and here's a picture of the hitch!

P_20180519_142956.jpg P_20180519_143129.jpg

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK Prince, got my knee pad pillow out, and flashlight. It is on drivers side kick area above Ebrake assembly. It's beige color, with approx 20 wire plug going to bottom of it. Theirs a five digit number on the sticker mine starts with 53, write it down on back of owners book. Alcohol and memory fade at night, at least for me!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK Prince, got my knee pad pillow out, and flashlight. It is on drivers side kick area above Ebrake assembly. It's beige color, with approx 20 wire plug going to bottom of it. Theirs a five digit number on the sticker mine starts with 53, write it down on back of owners book. Alcohol and memory fade at night, at least for me!

Okay! Tomorrow me and my family are taking my car to church so I can show it o- I mean to see how well it goes, so we'll look again sometime tomorrow! Also, I just kind of poked around with the washer nozzles, they certainly look okay, but I can't seem to adjust them, are they easy to remove? if they are, I'll just take em off and blast canned air through em.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just looked at mine, they attach to the hood, so as far as adjusting, I'd have to say no. You'll need to pop the plastic fasteners on the hood, and should be an easy removal. Pull the hose and hit washer button to be sure the pumps OK first. Don't want to go through all that work, and Find out it was your washer pump!

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just looked at mine, they attach to the hood, so as far as adjusting, I'd have to say no. You'll need to pop the plastic fasteners on the hood, and should be an easy removal. Pull the hose and hit washer button to be sure the pumps OK first. Don't want to go through all that work, and Find out it was your washer pump!

Well, the water comes through the nozzles, so it works, why would I need to test it again after taking the nozzles off?

Also, do I need to take off the entire plastic vent piece thing or do the nozzles just come off alone? (I'm wanting to make sure I know which plastic you mean)

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As long as your spraying through nozzle your pumps fine. I haven't pulled this setup apart on this vehicle, but usually it's one piece that the hose attaches to. It should be pretty obvious once you get it apart.

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As long as your spraying through nozzle your pumps fine. I haven't pulled this setup apart on this vehicle, but usually it's one piece that the hose attaches to. It should be pretty obvious once you get it apart.

Ok! You think I can just pop the nozzles off with a knife, or is that gonna break them?

Reaction score
Make sure that you check the wiper spray as you are driving, probably about 45-55 mph. When not moving it may spray high but be just right at highway speeds.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Okie doke, found out how they come out. Remove hose from underneath, squeeze both sides together, and it will push out through top of hood. You know you can key these things on your browser, and theirs u tube and other repair articles to all your questions. Your in the computer repair business, I'm surprised your not all over these repair video's. I'm 63 years old and a bonehead when it comes to computers, and I figured it out where to look. Your going to need to order dealer repair CD for 2003 expy. Their about $20.00 or less. Check EBay.

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Make sure that you check the wiper spray as you are driving, probably about 45-55 mph. When not moving it may spray high but be just right at highway speeds.

Dang, I didn't think of that, you might be onto something there- though, in all the other cars I've driven it works fine in both situations...

Okie doke, found out how they come out. Remove hose from underneath, squeeze both sides together, and it will push out through top of hood. You know you can key these things on your browser, and theirs u tube and other repair articles to all your questions. Your in the computer repair business, I'm surprised your not all over these repair video's. I'm 63 years old and a bonehead when it comes to computers, and I figured it out where to look. Your going to need to order dealer repair CD for 2003 expy. Their about $20.00 or less. Check EBay.

It's weird, when it comes to computers, I scour the internet for answers, yet when it comes to ANTYHING else I tend to prefer asking other people because something about having actual explanations seems to help more? I dunno, you're right though, some things might be easier to look up...

Oh, and that CD sounds like a great idea but ebay only has one and it's 40 bucks too, ouch