Thinking of buying a 2003 Eddie Bauer, anything I should watch out for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look on drivers side kick panel, theirs a small box with a sticker on it. Look for a 5 number code, that's the door code! It's by emergency brake pedal.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Usually the spray nozzle needs a real skinny wire. Go by the local motorcycle shop, ask if you can borrow one for a second. Also once it's off blow through with air tip and compressor after you unclog with wire. The easiest bet is pull hose from nozzle, make sure it pumps, if so just buy a new nozzle. You need your washer almost daily, especially in winter months. I'll look into the code on mine and report back.

So I have to remove the nozzle and clean it, I can't just point it downwards a little? Dang... well, I should have wire around here somewhere, that won't be hard to find!

I'm gonna go out and mess with the rear wiper and the washers, I guess I'll report back about how it goes- oh, did I ever mention on here that the CD player refuses to load CDs? I hit load, pick a slot, and then all I get is an error for all 6, and the door over the slot is stuck open too, that door opening is all I managed to get it to do.

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look on drivers side kick panel, theirs a small box with a sticker on it. Look for a 5 number code, that's the door code! It's by emergency brake pedal.

It's on the DRIVERS side? Well, dang, we were looking in the wrong place! Do I need to remove anything to see it or is it just hanging there?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's a small box with a plug and a sticker, hard to miss! As far as rear wiper, check for power at relays, we've got a 2001 expy owner with a no go on rear. Sorry I only have wiring for 2000. If you have owners book, locate relay/relays for up/ down of rear motor. Fuse box is behind passenger kick panel. One of the others can comment on relay location for motor. The washer pump should be same as front, just on lower part of turn signal stalk! I thought the selling dealer was going to repair the rear motor!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I stand corrected, according to the video, its above the brake pedal. The other video showed it on kick panel. If you don't find it I'll crawl under mine this afternoon.

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's a small box with a plug and a sticker, hard to miss! As far as rear wiper, check for power at relays, we've got a 2001 expy owner with a no go on rear. Sorry I only have wiring for 2000. If you have owners book, locate relay/relays for up/ down of rear motor. Fuse box is behind passenger kick panel. One of the others can comment on relay location for motor. The washer pump should be same as front, just on lower part of turn signal stalk! I thought the selling dealer was going to repair the rear motor!

Oh, no, my wiper works fine, it's just two inches off kilter. Like, when it's off, it's not on the glass, it's resting partially on the back door too. I just gotta move it right an inch or two!

I stand corrected, according to the video, its above the brake pedal. The other video showed it on kick panel. If you don't find it I'll crawl under mine this afternoon.

Dang, well, I'll get someone more flexible then me to look down there for any boxes with numbers on 'em!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There you go, skinny is always better!

Reaction score
It's on the DRIVERS side? Well, dang, we were looking in the wrong place! Do I need to remove anything to see it or is it just hanging there?
On my 04 it is on the passenger side. Above and to the left of the fuse block.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Passenger side. The box is to the right of the large red wire. Fuse block in foreground on right.
aabd9ab16d65e0a747a4f595ea66202d.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I saw that too. I think 04 was first year they moved it to pass side.