Third row seats won't move

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bedrck46

Guyto Check the fuses with a meter Fuse#5 is power feed for both relays.
#104 and #117 are for the relay contacts 1 for each relay

Check the prints attached to this thread and if you need any other prints or information let me know

Guyto

Reaction score
Third row seat don't work

Hi,
This is where I'm at:
I checked the relays and they are fine, but I just found out that both seats will go down from the second row switches, but the won't go back up, also nothing happens from the switches in the rear.
So it means ground is good so are the fuses.
Now looking at the schematics 120-04 and 120-05, I think I'm looking at the rear switch being defective, what do you think?

Guyto

Reaction score
Hi,
This is where I'm at:
I checked the relays and they are fine, but I just found out that both seats will go down from the second row switches, but the won't go back up, also nothing happens from the switches in the rear.
So it means ground is good so are the fuses.
Now looking at the schematics 120-04 and 120-05, I think I'm looking at the rear switch being defective, what do you think?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't read all the posts...were the switches checked and seat motors?

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

B

bedrck46

Look at print 120-05 at each switch you will see a letter A, B etc. Check each of those with the # 2 or 8 and see if you have power

Guyto

Reaction score
Finally Found It!
It was the second row seat switches that were defective, I just put in solid jumpers and will only be using the rear switches from now on, I will look later to buy new switches.
You would not think that two switches would go at the same time, that's why it takes you off course in the troubleshooting.
Thanks everyone for your help and diagrams.

B

bedrck46

That is why it is always best to start at Point A and work toward Point Z and check everything in-between sometimes is more time consuming but that way everything is checked

OP
OP
S

SMWMUSTANG

Reaction score
I have checked the 3 fuses and they are all good. My next step is to check the rear switch and then the relays. I don't think both motors would go out at the same time but it is possible.

Anyone know how to get the rear switch out. It looks like the whole panel pops into the back but it is very tight and I did not want to break it. Also, if I have to check the relays, how do you get the interior piece out with the seats in the way?

Shawn

B

bedrck46

when you finally get the switches out look at print 120-05 Check the left and right REAR switch between pins 4 and 8 and pins 4 and 2 You should have 12 volts with key in the on position.

If you have 12 volts then go across pins 3 and 7 on each Rear switch Operate the switch depending on which direction you press you should see either + or - 12 volts

Post the results

Then you want to do the same for the front left and right switches

Post the results

B

bedrck46

The procedure to remove the switch isn't all that hard but it does involve removing panels If you send me a PM with your e-mail addy I will send them to you There are 7 pages but mostly pictures