Third row seats won't move

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SMWMUSTANG

Reaction score
greetings,

Out of the blue my third row seats quit working. I searched for some threads but did not come up with anything. One day they worked and then the next nothing.

I checked the fuses best I could?

Any guidance or direction?

Thanks

Shawn

B

bedrck46

Have attached prints for your seats Could be a fuse Check with a meter or could be a relay

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bedrck46

Things to check

Fuse(s).
Circuitry.
Seat control switch(es).
Power seat motor.
Power seat relay.
Power seat motor drive cable.

OP
OP
S

SMWMUSTANG

Reaction score
I looked up the fuse locations at one point but lost the print out. Anyone have the locations of those.

Also, will the power switch in the rear just pop out of the panel?

B

bedrck46

you can download a copy of the owners manual which will show the fuse locations.

owner.ford.com

B

bedrck46

Prints 151-31 shows the location of #2 relay box

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bedrck46

let me know if you need any other prints The relays may not be all that easy to get to Not sure as I have a different year than yours but you can swap the relays to see if they are the problem That is if only one side is bad

B

bedrck46

when you do find the cure to the problem kindly leave a update

Guyto

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 2003 expedition, I am also thinking relay, but leaning more towards ground. I already verified the ground and it seams fine, cleaned it and tightened it. Wouldn't it be a pretty good coincidence to have both relay fail at the same time? You would think, in the case of a relay that they would fail one at a time. I will let you know how it turns out.
Thanks