Timberline Factory Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expy Gator

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Marc
I see a 1.5 ready lift front lift but what did you use for the rear 1.5 lift?

OP
OP
LazSlate

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am also curious to those who installed the ready lift did they happen to see how Ford raised the stock Timberline?
Is there a small spacer or did Ford use longer shock/struts

MARC CREVLING

Reaction score
I've been wanting a mild lift for my Timberline and this looks like what I had in mind. Did you use the Ready Lift 1.5" made for the front on both the front and the back? If so, did this require any other modification? How is the ride compared to stock? Would it be possible for you to measure from the center of your hubs to the top of your fender on the front and rear. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sorry for delayed response. 23.4 front and 23.6 rear. pretty level. Rides good. It tracks good down the road with wider tires and the height I think is just right.

MARC CREVLING

Reaction score
I am also curious to those who installed the ready lift did they happen to see how Ford raised the stock Timberline?
Is there a small spacer or did Ford use longer shock/struts

Dealer Lifts in Willow Spings NC did the work. Contact James (owner) @ 919-368-3080.

ak49

Reaction score
I've searched off and on for lifted Timberlines over the past few months and they are very rear. This one just sticks in my head. It's gorgeous and I needed to know more. So, I called Dealer Lifts earlier today to figure out what they did for this lift. I figured I'd share my findings here for those that are also curious.

They used a ReadyLift 1.5" front leveling kit (#66-2052) and the rear 2" spacer from the ReadyLift 3" lift kit (#69-2831). Unfortunately, ReadyLift doesn't sell the 2" rear spacer separately, so you need to purchase the full 3" kit and discard the front spacer. The front spacer from that kit is way too tall for the factor leveled Timberline.

The tires on this build are 315/70r17 BFGs (which is a 34.4x12.4).

I asked them how the factory level was achieved on the Timberline, and they said it was the shock. It holds the spring higher on the shock body.

I was originally considering running Bilstein 5100s to achieve a 1.5" lift in the front, but this would be a waste of money for this purpose since they would net the same height as the stock level.

Those Dealer Lifts guys are awesome and answered all of my questions. I wish they weren't over 4,000 miles away so I could have them work on my ride.

ak49

Reaction score
As a side note, they also said the Ford shocks have built in bump stops. So, adding this type of spacer isn't going to causing any issues like it would on a Toyota for example which uses external bump stops and would require bump stop spacers.

Expy Gator

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As a side note, they also said the Ford shocks have built in bump stops. So, adding this type of spacer isn't going to causing any issues like it would on a Toyota for example which uses external bump stops and would require bump stop spacers.
Thanks for all your research! I have been curious what lift was on this Timberline.

Expy Gator

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just installed the rear 2" Readylift tonight. Happy with the outcome. Going to try to get the front 1.5" on this weekend.

ak49

Reaction score
Nice! My lifts should be delivered in the next day or two. How is the clearance between the rear tire and the back of the running board? I've seen mixed results on the forums when lifting the rear. I can't wait to see how yours turns out. I'll be using the stock rims and am still undecided between 295s or 285s for tire size. I'd like to keep my front weathertech mud flaps if possible.

Expy Gator

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice! My lifts should be delivered in the next day or two. How is the clearance between the rear tire and the back of the running board? I've seen mixed results on the forums when lifting the rear. I can't wait to see how yours turns out. I'll be using the stock rims and am still undecided between 295s or 285s for tire size. I'd like to keep my front weathertech mud flaps if possible.
There's plenty of room between the running board and the tire after the lift.Exp rear 2 inch.jpg

Exp rear 2 inch clearance.jpg