Timberline Factory Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ak49

Reaction score
Thanks for posting those pics! I have just a few more questions if you don't mind. Do you happen to have any that show the entire profile of your ride? Do you think there would be enough room to have WeatherTech mud flaps installed on the front wheel wells? Did you run into any issues installing this mashup of lifts?

Expy Gator

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for posting those pics! I have just a few more questions if you don't mind. Do you happen to have any that show the entire profile of your ride? Do you think there would be enough room to have WeatherTech mud flaps installed on the front wheel wells? Did you run into any issues installing this mashup of lifts?
I have just installed the rear so far - I plan on having the front done this weekend. Then I'll take some profile pics. The rear was really easy. I'm happy to share a few tips on my install.

ak49

Reaction score
Cool! I can't wait to see the final result. My lifts just arrived yesterday. It just snowed another foot here overnight and I'm looking forward to having a little more ground clearance. It won't be much more, but every little bit helps.

doubleeagle45

Reaction score
I have just installed the rear so far - I plan on having the front done this weekend. Then I'll take some profile pics.
Looking forward to seeing your overall results. Your rear tire does not appear to have shifted as far forward in the wheel well as some other similarly lifted Expys. Did you do anything to achieve that, or is it perhaps just bc your larger tires fill more of the open space?

Expy Gator

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing your overall results. Your rear tire does not appear to have shifted as far forward in the wheel well as some other similarly lifted Expys. Did you do anything to achieve that, or is it perhaps just bc your larger tires fill more of the open space?
Here's a couple of pics: 1.5" Ready Lift front leveling with 2" rear - I didn't do anything else, I think the larger diameter of the rear tire just fills up the wheel well better than the smaller oem tires. It looks well balanced - front height from ground to fender is 39 3/8" rear height from ground to fender is 39 1/8. It really doesn't look "lifted" - would I do it again - absolutely - but it's a fair amount of work for a pretty minimal height increase. I did not follow all the Readylift instructions - there is no need to loosen all the control/trailing arms.

Expy Lift 1.jpg
Expy Lift 3.jpg
Expy Lift 2.jpg

ak49

Reaction score
That looks great! Although, I'm bummed to hear the front is still higher than the rear. I was hoping adding 1.5" to the front and 2" to the rear would result in a slight bit of front rake to help with heavy loads and towing. Maybe when the front shocks eventually leak, upgrading to Bilsteins on the middle setting would give me the desired results. Or, maybe the front will settle a bit.

Do you happen to have any head-on pictures? I'm curious what the 295s on stock rims look like from the front with this mild lift. It seems like a lot of owners run a lower offset when upgrading tires which looks good, but I'd rather keep the stock rims for now.

ak49

Reaction score
I just went out and measured my currently stock Timberline. Front height from ground to fender is 37.25" and the rear is 36.5". Going from my .75" difference to your .25" would be some improvement. I guess I was hoping for more even though the numbers are as expected.

Last edited:

doubleeagle45

Reaction score
It really doesn't look "lifted" - would I do it again - absolutely - but it's a fair amount of work for a pretty minimal height increase.
Honestly I think it’s awesome! It clearly gives the truck a more aggressive and off-road capable look with the minor lift and larger tire size….. I wish Ford had just gone all-in and done it this way from the start to really separate the Timberline from the normal family tow vehicle trims. I prefer the “noticeable if you are looking for it” change to that of the “wannabe monster truck”. If you want to raise something 6” or more and scream look at me everybody, get an F-150 or a Raptor and go for it.
Enjoy the awesome looking rides y’all!

Expy Gator

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Honestly I think it’s awesome! It clearly gives the truck a more aggressive and off-road capable look with the minor lift and larger tire size….. I wish Ford had just gone all-in and done it this way from the start to really separate the Timberline from the normal family tow vehicle trims. I prefer the “noticeable if you are looking for it” change to that of the “wannabe monster truck”. If you want to raise something 6” or more and scream look at me everybody, get an F-150 or a Raptor and go for it.
Enjoy the awesome looking rides y’all!
Thank you - totally agree with you. My son had an F150 with 6" lift and 37's - this is definitely not that look. Its a subtle change but I think it looks "right". I'm going to experiment with some quality Bora spacers with the stock wheels before I upgrade to new wheels. - In spite of all the "horrors" of running spacers - I've run quality spacers on several vehicle for many years - buy quality, check the proper torque, use Loctite blue. I previously had them on my Jeep Rubicon and wheeled it and never any issues whatsoever.

ak49

Reaction score
@Expy Gator
How are you liking the lift and tires? Any issues with UCA clearance or rear wheel well liner rubbing?

My tires (295/70r18 Wildpeak AT3W) should be delivered next week. I haven’t seen much discussion about UCA clearance with 295s so I’m hoping it’s a non issue. I’d imagine the Timberline stock rim’s slightly smaller offset would help a little.

I’ve recently run across other posts on here with owners complaining about rubbing the front of their rear wheel well after the ReadyLift 3/2 was installed. Looking at the pics you’ve posted, it looks like you have a some clearance. I was just curious if you’ve noticed any issues now that you’ve spent some time with the lift.