Timing chain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ales Kartal

Reaction score
Hi, please sorry for my english. I have question, my expedition have now 100.000 miles. Engine sometimes yellow reports errors "check engine" Timing chain is noisy. Please when it is time to replace chain and Cam Phaser ???

Spark plugs, fuel ,filters is ok

Im second owner know the repair work done in the past.
Thank you for help

Best regards

Last edited:

kwod8832

Reaction score
I might be wrong but I don't think you replace a timing chain. If it was a timing belt then you would replace it. Like I said I could be wrong.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are videos on youtube about changing the timing chains and cam phasers. How readily can you get parts for these over there? Cam phasers are pretty expensive from what I remember.

Timing chains and guides do wear, so they are a maintenance item.

FYI - your English isn't bad

Last edited:

mystik

Reaction score
If the timing chain is making noise, then you change it, it intales replacing the chain guide rails, tensioners & 2 chains. Also you must check the sprockets to make sure none of the teeth are broken. You must check for any metal dropping in the oil pan. Ive done these, its really not an easy job, if you are not a mechanic do not try this on your own.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett