Tint Job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I've been pricing around to get my front windows to match the factory back tint.

The cheapest I could find was $60.00. Seems a little high for just tinting two windows but I dunno anything about tint.

What's a fair price?

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine came with the front windows already tinted for me, but when we had our 07 Impala (sold) we had 5 of the windows tinted and it cost 300 dollars and that was I guess 50 dollars per window so I'd say 60 dollars total is great!

jjbusa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I paid 60 for my two fronts with 3m film n warranty also paid 50 for the entire windshield so I would say it's average cost could get cheaper with less quality film..

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my 7 windows cost about $200 but that was with a discount cuz it was a friend of a friend. but $60 sounds like a decent price

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was 60 bucks for front two in 20%. What type of warranty are they offering against workmanship (peeling, bubbles, etc) or fading?

Tint material will also influence price. What tint are they using? Mine is a dye type tint, which IIRC is warrantied against fading. If you go with a ceramic type, it will be more expensive.

mudryder18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My front two windows cost $65, and the rear 7 windows cost $139. So 60 bucks for the front two is a good deal.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just under $200...lifetime warranty as long as i keep the receipt...free replacement if anything happens...i.e...bubble...peeling off...15% all around including visor...yall seen my ride!!! lol...

OP
OP
Explor2Exped

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went back to the guy & talked him down to $50.00 so I'm having it done tomorrow.

He told me If I do the front 20% (stock back tint) that's illegal in my state & could get pulled over. The limit for front is 35% but I want to match the back...

What % should I get? Will the police really hassle me over 20% tint?

OP
OP
Explor2Exped

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine was 60 bucks for front two in 20%. What type of warranty are they offering against workmanship (peeling, bubbles, etc) or fading?

Tint material will also influence price. What tint are they using? Mine is a dye type tint, which IIRC is warrantied against fading. If you go with a ceramic type, it will be more expensive.

I didn't realize there is that much specifics when it comes to tint. I will make sure I find out tomorrow before I have it done.