Tinted it....ohhh so good....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rick chitown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ooh so time to hijack the thread. So whats your favorite looking suv? If its the expy, say that and if youre second choice.

Honestly, a lot of great looking SUV's on the market these day, IMO. Still love the look of the new Escalade, just a sharp looking car, even knowing how much of a turd it is... wouldn't own another GM, unless they GAVE it to me, and even then I'd black out the windows so no one saw me.

Also really, really like the look of the Jeep GC's (I currently drive an SRT), like the new BMW X5's, like the Audi Q7's, and yes, really, really liking the new Expy and Navigators. Just too much chrome on them, a la the Escalade. When I get my new Navi, I'll black out a lot of the chrome. some is ok, they just go nuts.

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love the looks of the gm vehicles second would be the expey 2015-17 model the new ones are nice but look to much like the explorer but that's just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mid size
X5=TIRED AF
GLS=boring as it has always been
XC90=fresh, i like it a lot
durango= seriously, the durango? no thanks

full size
expedition=love it, one of the best looking out, new, fresh
escalade=second, always been a fan, they have to be trimmed just right though, color, wheels, etc. not all look great
denali=pretty tough tuck, again finish choices are important. gazillion on the road
tahoe=blah

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just scheduled to get our 2 front windows tinted and a visor done on Saturday should look really nice.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Kmdcolo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally found time to take a real picture of my 2018. In my previous photo, it looked like my windshield was tinted, which it's not. Overcast and raining at the pumpkin patch today.
Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 9.05.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 9.07.16 PM.png

DGeis

Reaction score
I'm looking at tinting all of the windows in mine (black platinum). I'm primarily after keeping the heat out, looks are secondary. I also don't want to push it legally. In Ohio that's 50% on the front windows.

I want to do 45 on the front pair, 35 on the rear and back, 20/35 on the sunroof, and 85 on the front windshield.

Has anyone done the front windshield?

The film is Johnson Window Films, InsulatIR ceramic - seems good from some reviews online. I've never tinted a vehicle before. I was quoted $575 for all of the above without negotiation, so thinking maybe $500 gets it done and feels pretty reasonable.

Anyone have any advice?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk