Tire Pressure Monitoring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Loki, this post #10 would be great on my iPhone. I have the 12.0 version.

You wrote, "I am using a Kiwi 3 Adapter, the OBDFusion App(Free) with the Enhanced Ford Diags for 2017($9.99)." I will gladly do the same thing you did but I am not confident on how to complete the task.

How do I get a Kiwi 3 Adapter? Where do I find the OBDFusion App with the Ford Diags?

By seeing my questions, do you think it is likely I can figure out how to do this for my '17 Limited?

Thanks, Peter

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have an iPhone or Android Phone.

Google/Amazon Kiwi 3, and you will get hits for the adapter I am using. Other cheaper adapters might work, but I am still testing. I like the Kiwi because it is quick to connect, and doesn’t stick out of the OBD port far.

I am working on a set of instructions that I will put in a new post, it will be this weekend before I have a chance to post it. Once I do that, it might help you with you decision.

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, I have an iPhone version 12.0. I just looked up the price of the Kiwi 3 on Amazon Prime and it was about ninety bucks. I am afraid my total lack of technological skills makes that a purchase that would not be worth it to me.

But I'm sure there are many others out there that will benefit from your work in giving instructions on how to put this all together. Thank you for doing it.

HornedFrog

Reaction score
ca125f43123e5bc0a5681280d3248503.jpg

8dcfb60030ad2e90de18024798617737.jpg

Here you go, for those that don’t take my word for things lately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nice.

if i remember correctly, when i was originally researching this, that the fenders are not instrumented? so when you do a tire rotation you have to re-program each tire to the correct position?

OP
OP
marlinpruett

marlinpruett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is correct.
I have an addition problem. I had my TPS system reprogrammed last week and yesterday I had an alarm on the Kenwood yesterday that the left front tire was low. Upon checking it was the right front!
How do you sync these together?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have an addition problem. I had my TPS system reprogrammed last week and yesterday I had an alarm on the Kenwood yesterday that the left front tire was low. Upon checking it was the right front!
How do you sync these together?

Here you Go:

With Standard Ignition.
1. Inflate all tires to pressure listed on tire placard
2. Turn ignition to OFF position and press and release brake pedal.
3. Cycle ignition from OFF to RUN position 3 times, ending in RUN position.
4. Press and release brake pedal.
5. Turn ignition to OFF position.
6. Cycle ignition from OFF to RUN position 3 times, ending in RUN position.
7. Horn will sound once and TPMS telltale will blink once train mode is initiated. If equipped with message center, it will display TRAIN LF TIRE. Place antennae of learn tool on sidewall of LF tire 180 degrees from valve stem to activate sensor. Horn will sound once sensor has been recognized, Repeat step for RF, RR, and LR tires.
8. After training LR tire the message center will display TRAINING MODE COMPLETE. If the vehicle is not equipped with the message center display, successful completion can be verified by turning the ignition to the OFF position and not hearing the horn sound. If the horn sounds, the training procedure must be repeated.

**WITH INTEGRATED KEY FOB (ACTUAL KEY CONTAINED IN KEY FOB) PUSH BUTTON START:
1. With vehicle off, press and release the brake pedal.
2. Using the push button, press and hold the button until the vehicle is in acessory mode (ACC mode).
WARNINGl DO NOT PUSH RELEASE TOO QUICKLY. PUSH - WAIT FOR SOUND - RELEASE.
3. Power off by pushing the button 1 time.
4. Repeat 2 more times, ending in ACC mode.
5. Press and release the brake pedal, then turn vehicle off.
6. Using the push button, press and hold the button until the vehicle is in acessory mode.
7. Power off by pushing the button 1 time.
8. Repeat 2 more times, ending in ACC mode.
9. Horn will sound once and TPMS telltale will blink once train mode is initiated.
10. Starting at LF tire, decrease air pressure until horn chirps. Repeat procedure for remaining tires in the following order: RF, RR, and LR. If equipped with banded sensors, place antennae of learn tool on sidewall of LF tire 180 degrees from valve stem to activate sensor. Horn will sound once sensor has been recognized. Repeat step for RF, RR, and LR tires.
11. After successfully programming the LR tire, the message center should display “TRAINING COMPLETE’
12. Inflate all tires to pressure listed on placard.

***WITH INTELLIGENT ASSIST IGNITION SYSTEM (NO ACTUAL KEY CONTAINED IN KEY FOB):
2. Using the push button, press once to turn on, then press again to put vehicle into ACC mode, then press again to turn vehicle off.
3. Repeat 2 more times, ending in ACC mode.
4. Press and release the brake pedal, then turn vehicle off.
5. Using the push button, press once to turn on, then press again to put vehicle into ACC mode, then press again to turn vehicle off.
6. Repeat 2 more times, ending in ACC mode.
7. Horn will sound once and TPMS telltale will blink once train mode is initiated. If equipped with message center, it will display TRAIN LF TIRE.
8. Starting at LF tire, decrease air pressure until horn chirps. Repeat procedure for remaining tires in the following order: RF, RR, and LR. If equipped with banded sensors, place antenne of learn tool on sidewall of LF tire 180 degrees from valve stem to activate sensor. Horn will sound once sensor has been recognized. Repeat step for RF, RR, and LR tires.
9. After successfully programming the LR tire, the msessage center should display “TRAINING COMPLETE”
10. Inflate all tires to pressure listed on tire placard.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, I have an iPhone version 12.0. I just looked up the price of the Kiwi 3 on Amazon Prime and it was about ninety bucks. I am afraid my total lack of technological skills makes that a purchase that would not be worth it to me.

But I'm sure there are many others out there that will benefit from your work in giving instructions on how to put this all together. Thank you for doing it.

You can get the Wifi version for 17 bucks

https://www.amazon.com/Panlong-Scan...=1540277498&sr=8-1&keywords=panlong+obd2+wifi

Says this one works with iphone, comments concur yes it does

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP
OP
marlinpruett

marlinpruett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here you Go:

With Standard Ignition.
1. Inflate all tires to pressure listed on tire placard
2. Turn ignition to OFF position and press and release brake pedal.
3. Cycle ignition from OFF to RUN position 3 times, ending in RUN position.
4. Press and release brake pedal.
5. Turn ignition to OFF position.
6. Cycle ignition from OFF to RUN position 3 times, ending in RUN position.
7. Horn will sound once and TPMS telltale will blink once train mode is initiated. If equipped with message center, it will display TRAIN LF TIRE. Place antennae of learn tool on sidewall of LF tire 180 degrees from valve stem to activate sensor. Horn will sound once sensor has been recognized, Repeat step for RF, RR, and LR tires.
8. After training LR tire the message center will display TRAINING MODE COMPLETE. If the vehicle is not equipped with the message center display, successful completion can be verified by turning the ignition to the OFF position and not hearing the horn sound. If the horn sounds, the training procedure must be repeated.

**WITH INTEGRATED KEY FOB (ACTUAL KEY CONTAINED IN KEY FOB) PUSH BUTTON START:
2. Using the push button, press and hold the button until the vehicle is in acessory mode (ACC mode).
WARNINGl DO NOT PUSH RELEASE TOO QUICKLY. PUSH - WAIT FOR SOUND - RELEASE.
3. Power off by pushing the button 1 time.
4. Repeat 2 more times, ending in ACC mode.
5. Press and release the brake pedal, then turn vehicle off.
6. Using the push button, press and hold the button until the vehicle is in acessory mode.
7. Power off by pushing the button 1 time.
8. Repeat 2 more times, ending in ACC mode.
9. Horn will sound once and TPMS telltale will blink once train mode is initiated.
10. Starting at LF tire, decrease air pressure until horn chirps. Repeat procedure for remaining tires in the following order: RF, RR, and LR. If equipped with banded sensors, place antennae of learn tool on sidewall of LF tire 180 degrees from valve stem to activate sensor. Horn will sound once sensor has been recognized. Repeat step for RF, RR, and LR tires.
11. After successfully programming the LR tire, the message center should display “TRAINING COMPLETE’
12. Inflate all tires to pressure listed on placard.

***WITH INTELLIGENT ASSIST IGNITION SYSTEM (NO ACTUAL KEY CONTAINED IN KEY FOB):
2. Using the push button, press once to turn on, then press again to put vehicle into ACC mode, then press again to turn vehicle off.
3. Repeat 2 more times, ending in ACC mode.
4. Press and release the brake pedal, then turn vehicle off.
5. Using the push button, press once to turn on, then press again to put vehicle into ACC mode, then press again to turn vehicle off.
6. Repeat 2 more times, ending in ACC mode.
7. Horn will sound once and TPMS telltale will blink once train mode is initiated. If equipped with message center, it will display TRAIN LF TIRE.
8. Starting at LF tire, decrease air pressure until horn chirps. Repeat procedure for remaining tires in the following order: RF, RR, and LR. If equipped with banded sensors, place antenne of learn tool on sidewall of LF tire 180 degrees from valve stem to activate sensor. Horn will sound once sensor has been recognized. Repeat step for RF, RR, and LR tires.
9. After successfully programming the LR tire, the msessage center should display “TRAINING COMPLETE”
10. Inflate all tires to pressure listed on tire placard.

I guess I wasn't clear. Discount Tire Ran the Training procedure you described a
above but the Kenwood display is not synced to the actual tire on the screen that's low in pressure. Kenwood displayed a low LF tire when it was actually the RF tire.

Last edited: