Tire rotation TPMS Position

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlterEgo

Reaction score
Hello,

As the title says, I am planning to rotate my tires soon for my Expy 2020.

How do we re-position the TPMS sensor locations, so the correct position is reprogrammed to show the new locations in the instrument cluster display.

I know most probably the neighborhood tire shop vendor will not have the tools to get it done.

Thanks

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It will update the tire location automatically after driving few miles. No special procedures needed.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haha, mine just updated automatically after couple of miles. I had a lower pressure in the rear left tire, then it showed up correctly as the front right after rotation.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can confirm that driving a bit (actually less than a mile) the tire pressure sensors read the correct location.

OP
OP
A

AlterEgo

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.

Meanwhile I also confirmed with my dealership since I am under extended warranty until 200,000KM - and they informed it is done as a standard service feature on every visit (either after 8000 Km or 4 Months whichever comes sooner)

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Very nice!!
Issue is how do you know or the car knows its the right location? It just knows it picked up the signal from each tire.
In Fords like my VAn I bought a $20 reset tool where you do the key trick then go to each tire and activate the reset tool ON EACH TIRE it says on the Dash.

I am willing to bet you rotate the tires it will pick all them up but they will not be labeled where they should be. Proof in the pudding is to do this then let 10 psi out of one tire and see if its in the right location.

Ask a tire center when they put new tires on Gen 4 Epys. Do they reset the system or let the customer drive off with none.