Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tell me why there is people with 2nd and 3rd gen f150s on f150online running 325/60/18's with 6" of lift when we can fit 325/60/18s with 2" of lift on a 4x4?

hopefully these tires fit on my truck.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the look. They can probably run them on shorter lifts but like the look. Plus more space for stuffing wheels when offroading.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its cause they actually go by what fits till it rubbs. haha we cram every little tire into ours. o and nvy has those size tires with 4" lift. it looks good. youll have to do some trimming. his next to mine looked like it wouldnt fit on mine. but that was just in a parking lot.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
NC, the 2nd and 3rd gen trucks actually sit a little lower than the 1st gen trucks in stock form. This was done to make getting in and out of the truck for the majority of people much easier. Unfortuantely, this means that the whole truck sits lower, meaning you have less clearance in the wheel wells. Hence your comment about being able to fit the same size tires with less lift on the 1st gens.

jrjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
NC, the 2nd and 3rd gen trucks actually sit a little lower than the 1st gen trucks in stock form. This was done to make getting in and out of the truck for the majority of people much easier. Unfortuantely, this means that the whole truck sits lower, meaning you have less clearance in the wheel wells. Hence your comment about being able to fit the same size tires with less lift on the 1st gens.
Is this from body mounting differences or suspension?

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's what I figured but just wanted a clear confirmation.

Sweet, that means us 1st gen owners are sittin' taller than the new F-150's... That makes me feel better! :)

Hopefully I can fit some 325/60/18's under here without a problem, I just need to sell my damn tires first.

jrjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know I read it somewhere on here but whats the biggest tire I can run with a Gen 1? it has 17" rims on it. Pics coming.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know I read it somewhere on here but whats the biggest tire I can run with a Gen 1? it has 17" rims on it. Pics coming.

I think it will mainly depend on the width/back spacing on the wheels you're using. But I know there is at least one member with a set of 35's on a stock 1st gen.