Tom’s 2014 XLT 4X4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ExplorerTom

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tinted the windows today. And of course as soon as they were done, the sun got covered up by some clouds and the weather next week is supposed to be cool.

But anyway, I went with 15% ceramic. I’m excited to see the effect of the ceramic tint this summer.

Even in the winter and early spring sun has been roasting me through the non-tinted glass. Can’t wait for summer!
514756B1-F0F4-46D7-8E02-9DEF6133C1C5.jpeg

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was looking at some 2007-8 oil changing videos on you tube and a couple expys had a sheet metal plate that bolted on the crossmember ( in front of the trans) and it is mostly under the engine. Is this a stock part or something they added?

Ford makes skid plates but mostly sold for fleet/government.

Dustin Gebhardt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You will love the ceramic tint for heat reduction. I’ve had it on all of my vehicles for the past 10 years and it makes a huge improvement. Lately, my night vision is slowly getting worse so I’m looking at getting the 80% “clear” ceramic tint. As much as I like the dark privacy glass, my eyes and safety come first.

Kwain

Reaction score
What is that rack setup? Any idea of a psrt number? I'd love one for my expedition el.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was looking at some 2007-8 oil changing videos on you tube and a couple expys had a sheet metal plate that bolted on the crossmember ( in front of the trans) and it is mostly under the engine. Is this a stock part or something they added?

SSV 4x4 standard equipment

Can be purchased through dealer inexpensively if you have a civilian truck

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tinted the windows today. And of course as soon as they were done, the sun got covered up by some clouds and the weather next week is supposed to be cool.

But anyway, I went with 15% ceramic. I’m excited to see the effect of the ceramic tint this summer.

Even in the winter and early spring sun has been roasting me through the non-tinted glass. Can’t wait for summer!
View attachment 35390
Is that illegal on the front side windows? It probably is in California. The police like to see what you are doing all the time and what you look like.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is that illegal on the front side windows? It probably is in California. The police like to see what you are doing all the time and what you look like.

15 front is CA-illegal, yes... but less brazenly illegal than most scofflaw tints with their 5% or 10% (iirc front sides can be legal at 30 or higher)

And hey at least he didn't black out his windshield

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360