Torque Pro & Tranny Temps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris C

Reaction score
I'm having some problems figuring out the tranny temps using my Torque Pro app. I've loaded the Ford Custom PIDs, and when I select the Transmission Fluid Temp Methods that return values, I get one that produces -32ish degrees, one at 59 degrees, and one that just mirrors the coolant temp. I'm guess there is a problem with the formula for the first two, but I don't know what it should be. Has anyone run into this or know of a solution? This is the only value that I'm having trouble with.

I also posted this in the 3rd Gen forum, please delete this one if not allowed.

Last edited:

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 2nd Gen I used the PID's from the list they give give you for Ford. I use Tranmission Temp 1 and 3. I assume one temp is going into the trans, and one is coming out of trans as it is always about 5 degrees warmer.

I know I am not looking at the coolant temp, as I have that on another screen and am always around 190 to 205 when towing for coolant temps. My trans temps are mostly around the 178 to 185. I tow a 6800lb travel trailer.