Totally getting one 2021 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was someone saying they would not sell or be popular?

0eefed5ea49951b2b6a976705e2d8a5d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, they would be too small, and a 6ft person would be uncomfortable too. HAHA!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

JennyD

Reaction score
Wow

I picked my new Expedition yesterday and while they were filling out the paper work, washing, and gassing up the new ride I asked if they'd been ordering the new 2021 F150's and the sales manager just moaned. He said yes, but all the dealers are super pissed at Ford about the Bronco. He said they can build a max of 150,000 units a year and Ford had pre-sold in excess of 180,000 new Bronco's. He said he'd spent the morning filling out order requests from Tennessee as those buyers had been assigned to him from Ford Corporate. This Dealership is in Stillwater, OKLAHOMA! (Bill Knight Ford) He then told us that if they wanted to order a Bronco to put on their lot as inventory not to expect it until early 2023. Freaking EARLY 2023. He also said when/if a local, loyal customer that he's done business for years wants a Bronco he has to tell them NO, He can't order one until all the pre-solds are all allocated (through Ford Corporate).

They (Oklahoma Dealer group) were on a conference call with Ford a couple of days ago begging them for some inventory for local orders and were flat told NO, they would be assigned orders from the pre-sales in the order they were accepted via computer on the reveal date.

His last concern was that by the end of the year most of the dealerships would be out of inventory, especially with the new F150's being covid delayed, the Mustang Mach E paperwork is just now getting started, and them not being able to get Bronco's. He said things were already starting to tighten up.
Smh. Ford seems to make the actual ordering process as difficult as possible for customers and the dealerships. I had money in hand and a dealership could not order the Expy I wanted (which was just not available anywhere). I got close, but it was a total PITA.

I was in a local dealership yesterday and a salesperson said they sold out of their allotment of the top line Broncos within hours.

Lukewang01

Reaction score
Smh. Ford seems to make the actual ordering process as difficult as possible for customers and the dealerships. I had money in hand and a dealership could not order the Expy I wanted (which was just not available anywhere). I got close, but it was a total PITA.

I was in a local dealership yesterday and a salesperson said they sold out of their allotment of the top line Broncos within hours.

Ordering was easy when I bought mine Expy, but they will sell you sticker price with not much rebate. You didn't miss out much not being able to order yours other than paying too much for the rig. It's a great vehicle don't get me wrong, but it might not justify for the price they are asking.

flying68

Full Access Members
Reaction score

This is where you need to be an informed consumer. Did they actually try to order or did they just do a search to see if one was available elsewhere? Often they are looking to make a sale today and don't want to actually order one in case you back out as it takes 8 to 12 weeks, especially this late in the model year. FYI Final Fleet orders for MY2020 Expeditions are due 9/4/2020 so it is possible that the Retail orders have been closed due to the production schedule being full already (they are currently scheduling for the week of 9/28). The order bank for MY2021 opens 9/16 with Job 1 on 11/30. So you basically have 8 weeks of production left for fleet orders and dealer stock plus what ever else has been ordered for retail customers. Orders can sit for a week or two before being pulled for scheduling. Your specific configuration may also not be able to be ordered due to various supply issues that they won't have resolved until MY2021 is already running down the line. So you have a few options, wait until you find what you want on a dealer lot, your dealer can do the search and see what is in transit, or order a MY 2021 when it opens. You can also have your dealer order a 2021 and still look for a 2020, then they can always sell the 2021 to someone else.

JennyD

Reaction score
This is where you need to be an informed consumer. Did they actually try to order or did they just do a search to see if one was available elsewhere? Often they are looking to make a sale today and don't want to actually order one in case you back out as it takes 8 to 12 weeks, especially this late in the model year.
This was in 2018, and we went to the largest dealership in the state after visiting two local dealerships who couldn't place the order based on their allotment. The problem was with Ford itself; the dealership was frustrated as well. They said they *couldn't* and didn't pressure us to purchase from them, so I don't know why they would lie about it.

Overall pleased with my Expy, just commiserating with Paul's post.