Tow Haul mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blkeb

Reaction score
I have an 04 EB with what i think is the HD tow package. has the tranny cooler 3.73 gears 4&7 way connector. I am wondering about towing a 26 ft tt at 6500lbs loaded with 2 adults and two kids 7 and 14 mo. That is my set up and i had a truck with a "tow/haul" mode or button where this does not, is turning the O/D off the same as using a "tow/haul" mode?

side question, is there anything specific that is a determining factor in whether or not the truck has the HD tow package?

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, o/d off is the same as tow/haul. They changed it in 2007 or so to tow/haul.

As for the HD tow package there's a couple of things. Mainly the transmission cooler and having both 4 and 7 pin connectors. I can't remember if all tow packages had the 3.73 or not but I'm pretty sure they did. If it's 4wd then your max towing is 8600 and you would be good

spotdog14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, o/d off is the same as tow/haul. They changed it in 2007 or so to tow/haul.

As for the HD tow package there's a couple of things. Mainly the transmission cooler and having both 4 and 7 pin connectors. I can't remember if all tow packages had the 3.73 or not but I'm pretty sure they did. If it's 4wd then your max towing is 8600 and you would be good
At least for my 2008 the gear ratio was an option still and not included in the HD package. For instance I have the HD tow package but have a 3.31 rear.

To comment on blkeb's post. The O/D off/on button is basically the same as tow haul. Mine is on the shifter and says O/D. For your weight are you going to use a weight distributing hitch? I would recommend it for anything over 5,000 lbs.

RRILO

Reaction score
Plug your VIN into Ford Etis and if it shows that you have the HD trailer tow, HD trans aux cooler and 3.73 gears or lower, it would probably be safe to assume you have the HD tow package.

OP
OP
B

blkeb

Reaction score
Okay so the first time I plugged the vin in I missed it some how but it does say hd towing with aux trans cooler. It also says less engine oil cooler, how crucial is that for towing? Idk if I have ever had something with an oil cooler

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker