tow mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know, it's an odd thread for my first post but I was scanning threads and can actually contribute here.

I have those tow mirrors on my 2010. I missed the visibility I had in my 2006 F250 when towing and parking and these were the best/only option I found. To my knowledge, there are no power-folding tow mirrors available so these are your best bet.

The good
Visibility is insane. Seriously, you can see so much that it's actually distracting in the beginning.

The defroster works great on the main mirror but isn't in place behind the lower convex mirror.

The mirrors work with the driver memory settings.

The bad-but-livable
They stick out pretty far even with not extended. I've never needed to extend them when towing my car trailer.

That said, they like to vibrate themselves out on their own over time. I ended up drilling a small hole on the bottom of each sliding mount and using a tiny screw to prevent the mirrors from extending at all. Zero problems since then.

One strange thing that I've experienced 3x over the past year is that a very, very strong gust of wind at just the right angle while driving down the road will shift the mirror. This has only happened for me on the passenger side, but it requires that I re-adjust the mirror and re-save the memory settings. I'm guessing the adjuster jumps teeth or something.

With the right wind and road condition they can vibrate slightly.

With all that said, I would not go back to the stock mirrors. These things are easily the best upgrade I've made to my truck.
Welcome to the forum! This is good information. I waited so long for Powerfold mirrors that I'll live with what I have. :D

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearman