Tow package for extra 4x4 worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vicious

Full Access Members
Reaction score
and not having the coin holder :D

I agree with this. I want to get a 4x4 first for the increased capability but also to avoid having a hole in the console to remind me that I’m not fully equipped! Not having backup assist doesn’t bother me as much because I see the coin holder as a perfect spot to add a phone mount as others have done on the forum.

OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with this. I want to get a 4x4 first for the increased capability but also to avoid having a hole in the console to remind me that I’m not fully equipped! Not having backup assist doesn’t bother me as much because I see the coin holder as a perfect spot to add a phone mount as others have done on the forum.

With CarPlay and voice control...What do people need a phone mount for?

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the dealership has an abundance of stock, they might offer a better deal on a stock vehicle. Expeditions (especially higher trims) move rapidly and selling a stock unit with a low markup on a vehicle that moves quickly is not in the dealer's best interest. An ordered unit does not effect the stock vehicles the dealer has to sell. On top of that, you get the options you want and skip those you don't. You can pick your favorite color. Mine arrived in 6 weeks. I will probably keep it 10-11 years. Getting what I wanted was a big plus. No stock vehicle matched what I wanted.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dealers can be pretty resourceful at finding vehicles when they have a customer in front of them waving money at them. They can usually trade vehicles with any other dealer in the state, they can also trade vehicles on order but not yet delivered, and they can trade allocations (give me your FX4 to sell today and you can have one of the Expeditions I was supposed to get next month...), etc, etc. So it sounds like you have a price you want to pay and know what you want to buy.... it wouldn’t hurt to walk into your dealer and say, I know you don’t have one on the lot, but you can have my $82.5k if you can find me a 4wd reserve with the tow package (and whatever other must-haves are on your list).

OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dealers can be pretty resourceful at finding vehicles when they have a customer in front of them waving money at them. They can usually trade vehicles with any other dealer in the state, they can also trade vehicles on order but not yet delivered, and they can trade allocations (give me your FX4 to sell today and you can have one of the Expeditions I was supposed to get next month...), etc, etc. So it sounds like you have a price you want to pay and know what you want to buy.... it wouldn’t hurt to walk into your dealer and say, I know you don’t have one on the lot, but you can have my $82.5k if you can find me a 4wd reserve with the tow package (and whatever other must-haves are on your list).

Agreed. I’ve told them “here’s what I want, here’s the price range it needs to be in. Call me when you are ready and I’ll pay cash, check or finance it with you. Whatever is most attractive to you as a dealer.”

So far crickets. But sometimes it’s a waiting game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed. I’ve told them “here’s what I want, here’s the price range it needs to be in. Call me when you are ready and I’ll pay cash, check or finance it with you. Whatever is most attractive to you as a dealer.”

So far crickets. But sometimes it’s a waiting game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to find a dealer that will work with you instead of just working over your wallet! Theres good honest dealers, but they aren't the big city dealerships with all the soda and cookies sitting out......

OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Time to find a dealer that will work with you instead of just working over your wallet! Theres good honest dealers, but they aren't the big city dealerships with all the soda and cookies sitting out......

I contacted 4 dealers. None in the ‘big city’.

They’ll bend when they want to sell at my price. I’m in no rush...may wait to see what the new Escalade looks like anyway.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I contacted 4 dealers. None in the ‘big city’.

They’ll bend when they want to sell at my price. I’m in no rush...may wait to see what the new Escalade looks like anyway.

Once more 2020's lay on their lots, then they'll dump the 19's cheaper.