Tow package for extra 4x4 worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GC2019

Reaction score
IMO, waste of money.
I own three 4x4 trucks. Our last Denali had LL.
Honestly, we never used it, nor ever had a real use for it.

It’s no good for anything other than a 2-3 mph slow motion tow. No good for plowing snow because the transmission shifts sooner and may cause u joint killing wheel hop.
To each their own, but an overkill option for an SUV, and 99.99% of pickup trucks.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now, I know we live in the want it right now world, you know if it takes longer than Prime 2 day shipping its too long. But if you are looking to spend 80+K on a premium Lincoln luxury automobile why not just walk into a dealer and order exactly what you want?

I am sure any dealer would love to help you out. Around here the dealers will even check their network and bring what you want in if you are willing to buy. I assume the Lincoln dealers want to give their customers the experience they deserve.

OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now, I know we live in the want it right now world, you know if it takes longer than Prime 2 day shipping its too long. But if you are looking to spend 80+K on a premium Lincoln luxury automobile why not just walk into a dealer and order exactly what you want?

I am sure any dealer would love to help you out. Around here the dealers will even check their network and bring what you want in if you are willing to buy. I assume the Lincoln dealers want to give their customers the experience they deserve.

Because as equipped it’s a $93k sticker and I’m not paying anything north of ~$80k for a ford. I think to get one at a decent discount I’ll need to buy off the lot.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IMO, waste of money.
I own three 4x4 trucks. Our last Denali had LL.
Honestly, we never used it, nor ever had a real use for it.

It’s no good for anything other than a 2-3 mph slow motion tow. No good for plowing snow because the transmission shifts sooner and may cause u joint killing wheel hop.
To each their own, but an overkill option for an SUV, and 99.99% of pickup trucks.

It came with the special edition package that we wanted so my decision was made for me. You're right tho, we probably won't ever use 4l, but I do love the feel of the lower gearing.

There were 2 reasons for me to get the max tow package when I was purchasing... The extra 3k towing, and not having the coin holder :D

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got a much better discount by ordering. Got exactly what I wanted.

I got the tow package. I wanted the 3.73 axle, the heavy duty cooling, and the ability to select 4H as opposed to 4A. I doubt I will use 4 low, but I have used 4H.

GC2019

Reaction score
It came with the special edition package that we wanted so my decision was made for me. You're right tho, we probably won't ever use 4l, but I do love the feel of the lower gearing.

There were 2 reasons for me to get the max tow package when I was purchasing... The extra 3k towing, and not having the coin holder :D
How on Earth can you do with out the coin holder?:D

OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got a much better discount by ordering. Got exactly what I wanted.

I got the tow package. I wanted the 3.73 axle, the heavy duty cooling, and the ability to select 4H as opposed to 4A. I doubt I will use 4 low, but I have used 4H.

That’s interesting. I’ve ordered a few cars over the years but never got as good a deal as when I buy off the lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s interesting. I’ve ordered a few cars over the years but never got as good a deal as when I buy off the lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed! Most dealers are more willing to discount vehicles that have been sitting on their lot and have been using up floor plan.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I prefer to order at the start of the model year. That way I get exactly what I want and for a whole year before they make any changes. Around here the dealers all pack the high-dollar vehicles with BS options that I wouldn't have chosen or things I can get elsewhere for a fraction of the cost they charge--yes I know they'll negotiate, but why pay anything for cheap tint when I want the best, vin etching, lojack, or any of the other ADP (Additional Dealer Profit) add-ons. For example, you can do your own VIN etching with a Brother P-Touch label maker and special tape + acid. When I order and take delivery, no one has taken a test drive in it, and I don't even have to take the dealer's decal off the tailgate. The dealership can bank your deposit for a couple of months and then get the vehicle paid off in full at delivery. The savings in holdback helps offset the flooring costs for the other vehicles in inventory that haven't found a home yet.