Towing mirrors 2008 EL limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As you might have seen in my other post about problem with trailer plug wiring, I just bought a new 8.5 foot wide x 24 foot long enclosed trailer, the problem is that I cannot see anything behind me in the standard mirrors, I have looked on the WEB but can’t find any mirrors specifically listed for a 2008 Expedition, I did find some for models up to 2005. I probably have to take some horrible universal mirror, so I wanted to ask if anyone had found towing mirrors (universal or specific to the Expedition) that would fit an 08 Expedition, and won’t damage the exiting mirrors? The trailer tows really well, but I hate not knowing if somethings is behind me!!

Thanks for all suggestions.

Gary

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1A auto has factory style tow mirrors, they are for 2003-2010 Expeditions

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
As you might have seen in my other post about problem with trailer plug wiring, I just bought a new 8.5 foot wide x 24 foot long enclosed trailer, the problem is that I cannot see anything behind me in the standard mirrors, I have looked on the WEB but can’t find any mirrors specifically listed for a 2008 Expedition, I did find some for models up to 2005. I probably have to take some horrible universal mirror, so I wanted to ask if anyone had found towing mirrors (universal or specific to the Expedition) that would fit an 08 Expedition, and won’t damage the exiting mirrors? The trailer tows really well, but I hate not knowing if somethings is behind me!!

Gary

Hey Gary. I have a set of like new Trail Ridge Towing mirrors for sale. I was about to throw them on eBay. Hit me up if you're interested. The only reason I removed them was to replace them with a set that had the BLIS system. I guarantee they fit 07-17 physically, but I'd have to double check about the plug. I believe they're interchangeable/plug and play.
I have an 8.5'x24' enclosed car trailer as well. That's why I bought them. They work great.

20190315_123116.jpg

20190315_123154.jpg

TheFordFortress

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Gary

I have heard nothing but good things about the Trail Ridge line of mirrors for the Expy. I have them on my 2000 Excursion and they are probably the best upgrade I ever made to her. 51ebbf0ca6124ccb3a68af82c817fb48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
I have heard nothing but good things about the Trail Ridge line of mirrors for the Expy. I have them on my 2000 Excursion and they are probably the best upgrade I ever made to her. 51ebbf0ca6124ccb3a68af82c817fb48.jpg

Great looking rig. It'd be so nice to have the solid axles, diesel and barn doors on my 17! I like how your mirrors have the parking lights. I'm going to figure out how to add those to mine.

TheFordFortress

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Great looking rig. It'd be so nice to have the solid axles, diesel and barn doors on my 17! I like how your mirrors have the parking lights. I'm going to figure out how to add those to mine.

Thanks! She’s a beast at 10k lbs plus gear.

I never hooked up the parking lights on the mirrors but otherwise it was direct plug and play for the mirror defrost and mirror adjustment. Took a week or two for me to get used to the look of them when looking at the truck as I walked up to it, but immediately dug the increased primary and secondary mirror coverage whether extended or not!