Towing Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lurch

Reaction score
I tow a 28' travel trailer with my Expy and need some tow mirrors. There don't appear to be any made specifically for the 4th gen. What is everyone's favorite universal tow mirror?

OP
OP
L

lurch

Reaction score
I put a Voyager rearview camera on the back of my Airstream. Absolutely no blind spot.
Mine is prewired for a Furion which I am planning on installing. Do you find that with the camera you have enough side coverage? So far I have only towed mine home from the dealership and I felt like I could not see down the length of the trailer on either side.

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is prewired for a Furion which I am planning on installing. Do you find that with the camera you have enough side coverage? So far I have only towed mine home from the dealership and I felt like I could not see down the length of the trailer on either side.
I installed the Furion due to the limited (absolutely no view actually) and have had no issues now. Works great IMO. Was looking for tow mirrors prior to such and have not thought about them since installing the camera.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score

By the time an overtaking vehicle goes out of camera range it is easily seen in the stock mirrors.

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hope that someone comes out with a better OEM look..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott Hunter

Reaction score
I bought these for my 2004 Expy and they work perfectly with my 2019.

https://www.amazon.com/****-11980-U...-1&keywords=****+11980&tag=expeditionforum-20

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have these ones https://www.amazon.com/Fit-System-3...keywords=towing+mirrors&qid=1589248283&sr=8-4

They work fine. It appears I need to look into the camera systems, those look nice and would be nice to have. I can see the sides fine but it is fdifficult to see behind the trailer most of the time.

How do the cameras work at night backing up into dark camp spots, that's where I have the most trouble!
Camera works great as it has a fairly wide view. Yes, you would be able to see everything behind you at night while backing up. However, backing up is when I only use mine for glancing over spot checks.

Keep in mind while using it as an observation camera cruising down the road there is a slight delay. If a car is coming up and it looks like it isn't at your bumper yet, treat it like it is already there because it is. If passing a vehicle and merging back in the slow lane if it shows you have passed the other vehicle you absolutely have room.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk