Towing mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You get better with the canoe up top?

I averaged 13 I think with this set up. It's heavier than it looks with 2 canoes up top and a the bed full of camping gear. 4b510247c2424a161464cd9a008cd311.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Yup, it’s contrary to what you might think but canoe on top makes the MPG go up when I tow the Conqueror. My guess is the canoe moves most of the wind resistance around the Conqueror instead of it hitting the wind head on.

Reaction score
So I scaled the trailer but i had it loaded light, a full tank of water but only 2 bikes no fishing gear, or water in the water heater, so the tongue weight wound up being 920lbs...the trailer scaled out at 6300lbs. I will rescale it in 3 weeks when we go out again, i moved some stuff around and lightened it up, and we will have the normal load out and see what it looks like, i got 8.7mpg regular gas, but i was doing 70-75 keeping up with traffic

Joel Schroeder

Reaction score
I'm towing a 3,*** lb Jayco in the mountains of NM. Last trip I got around 11-12 MPG. Granted it was pretty windy on that trip.