Trailer Adapter Plug for 1997 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

Does anyone have an extra round trailer adapter plug that goes in the bumper and converts to the flat style trailer wire?

If not... does anyone know where I can get one? I left mine in the bumper and somebody stole it at the high school football game...

:(
:mad:

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LandShark,

This is not a Ford special. You can get these adapters at any auto parts store or trailer sales place, as they are a common item.

OP
OP
G

Really? I've never seen one at the Auto Zone... I'll take a closer look and hopefully I can find one...

Thanks for the reply... I appreciate the information.

falcn

Reaction score
Where is the Factory Ford wiring harness on the 97 Expedition? I have just picked up a used 1997 Eddie Bauer with the tow package (someone took off the hitch though) and I can't locate the trailer wiring at the back of the truck.

Silver Ex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There should be two quick disconnects at the back of the truck located on the driver's side frame near the back bumper.

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sorry to say the one that is prewired for you truck for a 7 way plug is a ford idem only you cant get it ready to plug in from a auto store

falcn

Reaction score
Originally posted by Silver Ex
There should be two quick disconnects at the back of the truck located on the driver's side frame near the back bumper.
Thanks, when the snow finally stops I will crawl under there and take a good gander.