Trailer Towing Default Trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 1 trailer. I added the parameters for this trailer for the trailer pro backup assist and assigned the trailer a name. Is there any way to make this trailer auto selected rather than having to select a trailer (named trailer vs default trailer) every time I enter the backup assist?

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not that I have found. I have two trailers and I have to select the correct one each time I hook up.

OP
OP
L

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You would think that they would not ask if you only have 1 trailer or allow you to select a default trailer so you don't have to select every time.

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can select a default trailer. The problem is that once you have the trailer selected, every time you start up it goes to the towing screen whether you have the trailer connected or not. So you have to unselect the trailer manually. At least it reselects it again when you hook up (although you might have to hook up while the vehicle is off - not sure if that's all working right).