Tranny Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

royalet

Reaction score
Got a 98 expo, 5.4L, 4wd, i had a tranny installed and the truck runs fine, but the issue is that when you move the gear selector, its not locking where it should be, for example, i place the truck in start, i have to go a little pass the (D) gear and then I am in drive, and then if you move the selector back a little it locks in. Any help appreciated

OP
OP
R

royalet

Reaction score
Can the gear shifter on the collar on the steering whell be adjusted, this problem occured after my trans was installed

OP
OP
R

royalet

Reaction score
still messing with it, its funny because it looks like it may be out of sync, on the shift you have P R N D 1 2 , the furthes i can shit the shifter is 1, i have no more room, because the shifter is at the end of the steering coloumn

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
dont you neen P R N D 2 1 AND IT WILL ONLY GO TO THE 2

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The cable needs to be adjusted on the driver side of the transmission. It's pretty easy to figure it out. Don't keep driving it like this. Take it back to the shop, if you drive with it between gears it can damage the trans depending on how it is set up.
Matt