Transmission wiring harness needed-2008 5.4 Triton V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mickey Bruzek

Reaction score
I see there have been many conversations about this wire harness but I would like to open a current discussion.

We are having zero luck finding this harness in our area of MN. Would anyone know the part# so I can check suppliers throughout the country?
and of course, other suggestions are welcome.

Symptoms- wrench symbol appears & the truck won’t shift out of 2nd gear. Can’t drive faster than 45mph & then you have to pull over, switch off the engine, wait a moment & then fire it up & it runs fine. But recently, it acts as though it has a cylinder or two missing but only when you put it in gear. In neutral, it runs & idles smooth. Will barely go 55mph with the accelerator almost floored.

Thanks for any help.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with the harness? Is a plug corroded? Is there lost continuity between the connectors from one end to the next? I'm assuming you don't work with electrical components, so you'd have to find someone who can troubleshoot the thing.

All we have here is a bundle of wires with connectors on each end. It may be complex,but there are easily available schematics that show what each pin on one end connects with on the other. Every part of a harness can be repaired. Wires can be spliced and plugs can have their pins replaced or the entire plug can be replaced.

Any shop that specializes in auto electrical work can easily do this. The hardest part is accessing the harness and finding the problem. Sometimes the entire thing has to be removed before repairs can be made.

I can help if you have any further questions. This is nothing that a good mechanic couldn't tackle. I would say that anyone who couldn't fix a harness is incapable of correctly telling you that you need a new one.

An alternative would be to take a replacement out of a junked vehicle.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you can go to a Ford Parts counter with the VIN you can get a part number and then have them look it up for availability in the parts system . IF NLA, they can look up other dealers that may have that part in stock and you can contact them directly. But as Trainmaster says fixing it from a parts bin of connectors or getting a part from a wreck and splicing it might be a better bet price wise.

OP
OP
Mickey Bruzek

Mickey Bruzek

Reaction score
@Trainmaster , the repair shop checked the harness again(they had already worked on this issue) & decided that wasn’t our issue this time. They replaced a coil pack & we are good to go!
It runs so smoothly now & no wrench light!
Thank you so much for all the advice.