Truck is in 2WD but feels like it's in 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The other night I put the truck into 4x4 low, I put it in neutral and thought I had put it back into 2WD. I drove to school in the morning and noticed that the front end kept binding and slipping at some turns. I didn't know what was happening, but when I arrived at school I noticed it was in 4AWD. So I put it in neutral and switched it back to 2WD. Even though it's in 2WD it still slightly binds and slips enough to notice when I am turning. Anyone have a solution to this? Maybe leaving it in 4AWD at night might of effected it?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ive had this happen a few times. put it into 2wd while in drive. should still engage and then drive on a road with hopefully no people and do some turns. that should maybe unlock it. i turned to the right i think and then no more 4hi at least for me. i put i think cause i did left right left right on my street cause i was making sure i had 4hi and 4lo one night. just was curious! haha also if you can take off the switch and clean it. that could help.