Turbo coolant leak issue now on wifes 2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
16plati

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wasn't looking for your invoice as I am not questioning the fix you received. I just googled the part number you mentioned out of my own curiosity and found it odd that it was a discontinued part number for a part used on 2016-2018 EXPY and Transit models. Was wondering if I needed such a fix in the future - whether that part would be available for my truck. Glad you got your rig fixed. Good luck with it.
Idk what you’re looking at but I can buy it right now on both Tasca and gotoemparts.com
4BDE7235-097D-4CC4-A795-64E7B9EEC5A2.png 3A2D1B27-817D-49D7-B24C-37AD11BA3D6D.png

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's good your dealer is taking care you under warranty. Did they give a reason for the failure? Was it a defective part or came lose or was damaged somehow?

How was the leak spotted? Is it a common occurence?

It makes me wonder how many service vans & trucks may have this leak and never know unless their service provider catches it. Heck I'm renting an apartment for now and am not servicing my own vehicle. So unless it drips onto the pavement or the oil level drops significantly I likely will not notice either.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Manufactures must supply replacement parts for 10yrs, by law. Maybe Ford improved the part, like the spark plugs with bad threads. The 'new' part # is different. The dealer put one the original replacements on, they had in stock.

OP
OP
16plati

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's good your dealer is taking care you under warranty. Did they give a reason for the failure? Was it a defective part or came lose or was damaged somehow?

How was the leak spotted? Is it a common occurence?

It makes me wonder how many service vans & trucks may have this leak and never know unless their service provider catches it. Heck I'm renting an apartment for now and am not servicing my own vehicle. So unless it drips onto the pavement or the oil level drops significantly I likely will not notice either.
Yeah they are good to me. Reason was the gasket between the tube assembly and turbo housing was deteriorated. I was underneath the truck looking around like I normally do every now and then and spotted all the oil. He said it made a couple small drips after it sat in shop after driving it for a bit. Just dripping on the turbo itself and the framework. Nothing in driveway to give it away