Uneven brake pad wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anarak

Reaction score
So if y’all are done. I had a left front caliper sticking. Replaced the caliper and now this one is sticking too. To be honest when I try to compress the pistons they are extremely tight. But only on this wheel. The others pressed right back. Do you think this is the hose gone bad? Or should I get a new caliper, again? 04 EB 5.4 4x4

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The hoses are a known problem. They go bad. You don't mention the year of your truck, but replacing 14 year old hoses would never be a waste of money. Or you can see if the "new" caliper's piston is hard to press in with its hose disconnected.

My '08 had a sticking caliper that cleared up when I replaced the hoses.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So if y’all are done. I had a left front caliper sticking. Replaced the caliper and now this one is sticking too. To be honest when I try to compress the pistons they are extremely tight. But only on this wheel. The others pressed right back. Do you think this is the hose gone bad? Or should I get a new caliper, again? 04 EB 5.4 4x4
You probably already have 2 good calipers. Trainmaster is probably right about the hoses. They collapse on the inside so it's not so obvious.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69