Unlock doors after shifting to park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJH3

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2019 Max Limited. Is there a way to set the passenger doors to unlock when shifting into park. Currently if I get out while the vehicle is running and try to get something out of the second row (key left in vehicle), the door is locked. I have to hit the button on the driver door.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For safety reasons you may wanna keep them locked until you hit the button.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think there is an option to do that. The only way to do this that I know of is to install a circuit like I did that pushes the unlock button for you when you shift in park. It works well.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think there is an option to do that. The only way to do this that I know of is to install a circuit like I did that pushes the unlock button for you when you shift in park. It works well.
Come on, my old 03 Malibu will do this if I want. My work car is a 16 cruise and it will do it as well. But for safety I just have it lock all doors auto, and unlock none.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OrangeWhipX3

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2019 Max Limited. Is there a way to set the passenger doors to unlock when shifting into park. Currently if I get out while the vehicle is running and try to get something out of the second row (key left in vehicle), the door is locked. I have to hit the button on the driver door.

No. Like mquick05 says, GM allows that configuration, but Ford does not.

Best solution is to keep the key on your person at all times. Disable the double honk via Forscan because it'll drive you nuts.

MaxGerber

Reaction score
Long standing gripe among Ford owners. Very annoying. Why wont Ford let you program your locks like Honda? Listening Ford?

OP
OP
A

AJH3

Reaction score
No. Like mquick05 says, GM allows that configuration, but Ford does not.

Best solution is to keep the key on your person at all times. Disable the double honk via Forscan because it'll drive you nuts.

Thanks - the double honk has blasted me on a number of inopportune times already!

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4, purchased new.

I cannot program the vehicle to unlock all the doors when the shift lever is placed in park - it will only unlock all of the doors when I open the LF door.

I often carry passengers, and I don’t always get out of the vehicles when the passengers do.

This is a VERY stupid feature designed by Ford, which prohibits the vehicle owner or driver from programming the door unlock feature the way they desire.

After driving my Expedition for a while (my first ford after 46 years of owning GM and Dodge vehicles), I found numerous poorly designed features (or missing features on a high-end vehicle).

I wonder if Ford ever asks its customers what they want in vehicle features?

Rant over.