Updated the Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After 6 years I was getting tired of the stock wheels, so I bought some plastidip and decided to do something other than a complete coat on the wheels. After painstakingly clening and masking off the wheels, here is what I ended up with.

IMG_0367.jpg
IMG_0366.jpg

Only got the driver's side done today, but I will get to the passenger side sometime this week.
The only bad thing is I like it so much, I wish I would have painted them instead of plastidipping them. Oh well, I guess I'll have to redo them eventually.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those look great. Wanna come here and do mine? :biggrin:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

OP
OP
Stoned06

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys. I think I am going to paint the passenger's side this week, and wait until the plastidip needs redoing to redo that.

sgtowing, I will come down and paint yours if you clean and mask off your rims! :Big Laugh:

Team Zombie

Reaction score
While I do think the idea you came up with and color contrast looks much better than stock... why not paint? Won't plastidip basically peal off and scratch easily? I even went to their website and found they make it in awesome colors but even they say max life expect is about 3 years on darker colors and lighter colors will fade quicker than that because of a lack of UV protection.

Again.. nice outcome.