Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

-Clu-

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

After researching through the forums for a good hour or two, I see a lot of people upgrading their stock halogen BULBS to LED ones either from the platinum or just aftermarket. What I would like to know is if anyone has upgraded the stock limited trim headlamps to the Stealth headlamps. Not the bulbs, but the entire headlamps. I want to know if it:

1. Can even be done (no issues with different mounting points etc)
  2. Can it be wired in easily enough, I doubt it’s plug and play due to it having LED DRL’s and stuff. But can it we wired easily, or can a piggyback/adapter or some kind be sourced to do the job?
  3. Has anyone done this yet? Everyone loves to swap the LED’s it seems but to me the stealth trim is fantastic looking and no one that I can find has tried to swap out stock for stealth trim headlamps.

I recently had both my headlamp lenses utterly destroyed, fortunately it wasn’t my fault and someone else is covering the cost and so I’m taking the opportunity to see if I can trim up to the stealth headlamps as I’ve always wanted to, just didn’t know if it was possible.
Thanks in advance you guys, I appreciate any and all help on this. If $2000 + dollars needs to be spent I wanna make sure it’s on the right thing.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dig around and see if you can find a thread on here about putting in a platinum grill. Guy found out there are some mounting points that are different than on lower trim vehicles. Not sure if you could get by changing the lights and the grill together and having it line up, or if there are mounts behind all that that are different too.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you have the led headlight option, ot should be an easy swap. Judging by your profile pic though, you dont, which will make the swap nigh impossible. The contouring behind the headlights is different depending the led or halogen headlights, and the assembly doesnt fit flush btw them. You would need to modify the housing then do something with the wirings and modules before installing the led lights.

OP
OP
-Clu-

-Clu-

Reaction score
Dig around and see if you can find a thread on here about putting in a platinum grill. Guy found out there are some mounting points that are different than on lower trim vehicles. Not sure if you could get by changing the lights and the grill together and having it line up, or if there are mounts behind all that that are different too.

Yeah I remember seeing something about that, I doubt that it’s as simple as changing the grill along with the headlights though because the mounting hardware for the headlights will be fixed to the frame you know? But maybe so, thanks though I appreciate it.

if you have the led headlight option, ot should be an easy swap. Judging by your profile pic though, you dont, which will make the swap nigh impossible. The contouring behind the headlights is different depending the led or halogen headlights, and the assembly doesnt fit flush btw them. You would need to modify the housing then do something with the wirings and modules before installing the led lights.

Ah I see, yes that’s good to know as correct, I have the halogens only, unfortunately. Great that on the middle trim of a full size 60k suv you still get stuck with halogens ‍♂️ Thanks Ford.
Well that probably settles it then, I’d be willing to try and figure out if I could rewire the lights but if I have to start cutting into the housings (assuming that’s even the mounting points will remain the same) I’m not as big a fan of that. Thanks so much for the help my friend, it’s greatly appreciated.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can get the leds on a limited. My SE has them and they are 740 bucks stand alone option. So there might be a limited version in led, or the limited get the same mounts behind them as the platinums do. I dunno. Just throwing that out there. Obviously the limited grill works with the leds too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik