Urban assault vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with a smaller wheel to get more tire...I go through a lot of trails so they help out a lot when it comes to sticky situations since my rig isn't 4x4 so running low pressure with deeper tires helps out more than people realize...

I take it you don't want a lift because of the overall height for clearance on the trail

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Survival

Survival

Full Access Members
Reaction score
heck of a look for sure, gotta love them Hawgs. But I have to ask, how are your fender clearances at full turning lock?

I had to cut the bottom of the front bumper and the back part of the front arch...the fender flare and the fender and a lil of the floor...but I filled it back in water proofed it and re welded plates to fill in the holes I made...after all that I have no problems with full turning...I only have a 3" leveling kit but with those mods if I wanted to I could throw on some 37s if I wanted to but that's not in my plans at the moment...

OP
OP
Survival

Survival

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I take it you don't want a lift because of the overall height for clearance on the trail

I have a 3" leveling kit on the rig now... I've been wanting to lift it with the RIZE kit since its the only one made for the 2nd Gens but I cant find a shop to install it anywhere in Fl...they say cause of insurance purposes I tried 4wheel parts...Jeepers Den...And Rodinsons which is a hardcore fabricator in my area and its been no's all around...so that's the only reason and Rize has a few intallers but all in Texas...

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 3" leveling kit on the rig now... I've been wanting to lift it with the RIZE kit since its the only one made for the 2nd Gens but I cant find a shop to install it anywhere in Fl...they say cause of insurance purposes I tried 4wheel parts...Jeepers Den...And Rodinsons which is a hardcore fabricator in my area and its been no's all around...so that's the only reason and Rize has a few intallers but all in Texas...

Try twisted metal off road in tampa.

sitruc_btb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I dig it! What kind of lights are those on the bumper and roof rack?

Nvm, just read it. The pictures distracted me. :p

Last edited:
OP
OP
Survival

Survival

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I dig it! What kind of lights are those on the bumper and roof rack?

Nvm, just read it. The pictures distracted me. :p

Those are Genisis LEDS they are extremely powerful the 2 on my bumper alone are brighter than my lows and high beams together mind you I have hids in both...when I light the rack and bumper it looks like day light at night...and the best thing is.....get this....I get them for $60.00 a set at a local shop...that's way better than even ebay prices for similar lights...

Attachments

• IMG_20140207_130641.jpg
    IMG_20140207_130641.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 153
OP
OP
Survival

Survival

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is your truck painted that flat black or is it dipped?

I painted it with high heat rustoleum bbq paint bought it at home depot and wallmart the qts cost around $15 a piece I used about 6 qts and I used a wagner house spray gun they make a hvlp one I used that sparyer to make the paint texturized it looks awesome in person...ive done 4 other trucks already locally...

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you wheel with buddies? I'm really concerned about what may happen if you were out on the trail alone. Not just the added stress on the suspension, but your OEM lugs - the bending stresses increase with the wheel out that far. And remember, you'll have to torque and check three sets of lugnuts, effectively - those on the wheel, those from the outward spacer to the inner, and those on the inner spacer to the hub. I'd do that every 500 miles as a start, then work your way up to every oil-change if they are staying tight.

Also - anything keep your tires from pushing up into your fender-edges? I'd hate to see the tires spinning off road, then shoved up towards the edge of the fender, and having the fender cut the tire down the middle.

If you start hearing a rubbing sound while driving on flat ground, get the bearings checked out - eventually you will feel the truck sorta get shifty as you turn. Bad bearings = wheel runs away.