Used police vehicle missing center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PMColorado

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2010 XLT and the entire middle console is missing. Has anyone purchased similar police vehicles and found a good replacement option? Or just checked junkyards?

Grover6

Reaction score
Most police departments run a specialized console with controls for lights, computers etc. which they can use over and over so they either remove the stock one or dont have them to begin with.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The SSV trucks come without the console. The best plan is to get an original Ford one at a junk yard along with its mounting bracket. You'll have to fashion a cover for the shifter lever hole as the SSVs have a column-mounted shifter. You also need the trim piece below the heater controls.

Another choice would be to find a police console on ebay. They can be outfitted with a number of optional inserts, but don't look as nice as the factory ones.

Good luck with your SSV and welcome to the forum.

Michael Jaycox

Reaction score
You must get the front and back brackets and bolts, no one sells these parts but the junkyards. Then it is a straightforward installed, there is a rubber tray pad for the front tray. this works perfectly to cover the shifter whole, just glue it in from the underside.

Just remove the plugs on the floor you will see the bolt threads.

You need three different size bolts, front bracket, back bracket, side bolts for the console, and finally the console bolts. Get it all. Should cost around $250

arbetrader

Reaction score
You must get the front and back brackets and bolts, no one sells these parts but the junkyards. Then it is a straightforward installed, there is a rubber tray pad for the front tray. this works perfectly to cover the shifter whole, just glue it in from the underside.

Just remove the plugs on the floor you will see the bolt threads.

You need three different size bolts, front bracket, back bracket, side bolts for the console, and finally the console bolts. Get it all. Should cost around $250

What rubber tray pad to replace the shifter are you referring to? I'd love to figure this out too if possible.

b4ctrooper

Reaction score
I vote junkyard. Go to a u pull it if you have one and that way you can get all the nuts and bolts as well as wiring if needed

b4ctrooper

Reaction score
I also had an aftermarket "clutter catcher" in my 1st ex police car. It worked well but the factory one was built to fit perfect