vct engine knock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

expynoob123

Reaction score
Hey fellas so i have a 2006 Ford expedition eddie bauuer edition and it has had quite a bit of problems but the main one is that it needed to have the cam phasers replaced (camshaft timing gear) I switched them both out and I still have loud engine knock it sounds like a diesel and runs like complete crap I feel like its coming from the passenger side of the engine it had brand new cam phasers camnshaft positioning senors and 1 new vct solenoid on the driver's side I'm really stumped please any advice is welcome thanks in advance

bnicov

Reaction score
Did you put a whole new timing set and phasers or just the phasers? Also, the passenger side solenoid could be suspect too??

OP
OP
E

expynoob123

Reaction score
hey thanks for replying i only changed the gears and the cps i checked the solenoids and its not it im hoping that i maybe moved the teeth on the gear

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you remove the rollers on the camshaft, check to see if you placed them back properly and also check the phaser bolts if they are torqued and the gear is snug.