Vertical Headlight adjustment on 2015 Limited?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Terrapinjam99

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to make the vertical headlight adjustments on a 2015 ? ( The instructions to do so in the official 2015 Manual are wrong and inaccurate - as the picture and direction in the manual do not match the actual 2015 headlights ) And I just can't see any way to make the adjustments on this model.
Thanks for any input

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to make the vertical headlight adjustments on a 2015 ? ( The instructions to do so in the official 2015 Manual are wrong and inaccurate - as the picture and direction in the manual do not match the actual 2015 headlights ) And I just can't see any way to make the adjustments on this model.
Thanks for any input

Use a #2 Phillips screwdriver to turn the adjusting screw for each headlamp left or right to raise or lower the beam (I can’t remember which direction).

I bought a new 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 and have adjusted the headlamps. When you turn the adjusting screw, it will SLOWLY raise or lower the beam. It may take multiples turns of the screw to adjust the beam.

Park on a level surface with a wall in front of the vehicle (a garage is ideal). Turn on the headlamps. I have used blue painter’s tape to mark the existing beam on the wall, before I adjust it - so that I can see it moving as I turn the adjusting screw.

I have included a photo of the top of the right (passenger) headlamp. The adjusting screw is in the shadowed recess, between the 10 mm bolt head and the plastic nail. The adjusting screw is inside a black collar - which is barely visible in my photo. The left side is the same.

Attachments

• B818A9D6-19D6-4D79-A9D5-3363D5F9DB22.jpeg
    B818A9D6-19D6-4D79-A9D5-3363D5F9DB22.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
T

Terrapinjam99

Reaction score
Use a #2 Phillips screwdriver to turn the adjusting screw for each headlamp left or right to raise or lower the beam (I can’t remember which direction).

I bought a new 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 and have adjusted the headlamps. When you turn the adjusting screw, it will SLOWLY raise or lower the beam. It may take multiples turns of the screw to adjust the beam.

Park on a level surface with a wall in front of the vehicle (a garage is ideal). Turn on the headlamps. I have used blue painter’s tape to mark the existing beam on the wall, before I adjust it - so that I can see it moving as I turn the adjusting screw.

I have included a photo of the top of the right (passenger) headlamp. The adjusting screw is in the shadowed recess, between the 10 mm bolt head and the plastic nail. The adjusting screw is inside a black collar - which is barely visible in my photo. The left side is the same.
THANK YOU !!! that is exactly what I needed. I was able to adjust just as you directed. Appreciate the help very much

OP
OP
T

Terrapinjam99

Reaction score

THANK YOU !!! that is exactly what I needed. I was able to adjust just as you directed. Appreciate the help very much