Vibration during constant speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i am curious how we can tell that the shocks look to be shot from the video... I would think that, unless you are driving or standing next to it, there is no definitive way you can tell the shocks are kind of shot... i just think it's the road and arm moving due to filming... i could be way off base and sorry... just seemed a stretch...

The rhythmic bounce recoil bounceback and sway....shocks are short for "shock absorbers" you know

I dunno its how i was told to look for worn out shocks by some limo/livery suv guys i know...

Doug Kuhlman

Reaction score
I believe that your transmission needs mercon V (not mercon LV) Atleast that's what is specified for my '04. I've read that they aren't compatible! You might want to double check that you put the right stuff in there!

OP
OP
M

Mike1988

Reaction score
I did call the Ford Dealer. They said Mercon LV is the right juice for my 2007. As I heard before, Mercon SP is also ok.

Mr Pham

Reaction score
I just picked up an 07 EL. Having same issues. After a quick search it seems like a common problem. No real answer on how to solve. Some people change the fluid in the transmission some people change the torque convertor.

Saltydog

Reaction score
I had an 06 which shuttered during shifts. I read on a form somewhere that a check ball in the transmission would cause it. Ordered parts from ford about $15 for 7 BB's garage changed it. The check ball had split into. Worked fine afree the repair.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had an 06 which shuttered during shifts. I read on a form somewhere that a check ball in the transmission would cause it. Ordered parts from ford about $15 for 7 BB's garage changed it. The check ball had split into. Worked fine afree the repair.
Saltydog, welcome to the forum!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badbolr