Want to paint Expo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baller

Reaction score
I have a white 07 Expedition with the two tone tan on the bottom that I have owned for two years, not crazy about white and tan so I would like to get it professionally painted black. I have tan and grey interior so I think it will look fine. Any know what a good estimate would run to paint an expedition?

BigJuicy02

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just plasti dip the whole truck lol. Not sure of exact cost but any time I have seen a quote to repaint a vehicle a different color, it's in the thousands. There is A LOT of work involved, if you do it right. Let us know what you decide to do.

OP
OP
B

baller

Reaction score
My wife won't let me plasti dip or I would :) I want it done right so I know there is a lot involved sanding and preping. I could handle $1000 or so, beats buying a new vehicle the color I want and having to pay sales tax......

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is going to be much more than a grand. Probably around 3-5k depending on your specifications.. BakerEdition just had his repainted due to some vandalism, might want to PM him to get an idea what his cost. Also, a member named JTKustoms just plasti-dipped his entire show truck for around 500 bucks I believe. Talk to him too for that route. You could just plasti-dip the tan, white and black would not look bad. My bumpers and trim are all plasti-dip and it holds up fine.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless u get a hook up...expect 3 stacks minimum

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The best thing would be to call a paint shop near you and see what they say. At the end of the day, all we can do here is guess (unless someone posts up that actually works for a paint shop).

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a connection at a body shop and it was still 2500-3000... and thats if I helped... so probably closer to 5 anywhere you would get a "real" paint job

OP
OP
B

baller

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the info, just wanted to get a feel out there before I do call a professional and wanted to have an idea so my jaw wouldn't drop.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ide say a cheaper route may be to have the tan trim all painted white, that would look really clean!