***** Want to paint my front grill Black *****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The eXpedition

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow perfect, please post the tools names and links preferably from Amazon.com so I will buy them.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow perfect, please post the tools names and links preferably from Amazon.com so I will buy them.

I'll be doing mine with matte black PlastiDip. That way I don't need to sand or add adhesion promoter and I probably won't need to tape over anything either, as PD is real easy to remove if it gets on the headlights, hood, etc.

PD is $5 a can at Home Depot (in the US) or $20 at Canadian Tire over here.

Last edited:

The eXpedition

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be doing mine with matte black PlastiDip. That way I don't need to sand or add adhesion promoter and I probably won't need to tape over anything either, as PD is real easy to remove if it gets on the headlights, hood, etc.

PD is $5 a can at Home Depot (in the US) or $20 at Canadian Tire over here.

Ooh, please do share with me some photos regarding some practice you did with this thing you use.
Thanks a lot

The eXpedition

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FINALLY DID IT >>>> YOU GUYS BE THE JUDGE

THIS IS WHAT I USED,,,,
rios1107.jpg

rios1112.jpg

rios1118.jpg

img0953q.jpg

rios1121.jpg

IT COST ME $20 FOR EVERYTHING AN ABOUT 1 HR TOPS FROM START TO FINISH,,, I TAPED EVERYTHING AN SPRAYED IT ON WITHOUT REMOVING THE GRILL

Ooh my goodness one again please post the procedure how did you use the tools to paint the grille??
Which item to be used first.

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ooh, please do share with me some photos regarding some practice you did with this thing you use.
Thanks a lot

Oh, I just noticed you are in Saudi Arabia. Not sure if PlastiDip is sold over there.

Here's the Amazon link for it. It's $6.50 a can, but I'm not sure they ship it internationally: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000LNOOEO/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?qid=1388501912&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

As far as using it, it's really easy. Much easier than regular paint. Just clean the grille with some rubbin alcohol to remove grease and dust and then just spray PlastiDip directly. No need to prepare the surface with any other product. Pastidip sticks to anything and it's easy to apply a smooth coat without leaving any streaks. You don't need any practice.
I covered my bumpers and the gold trim all around the truck in black and it worked perfectly on the first try. I also did the rims.
The best part is that if you don't like it, you can just peel it off. It comes off like a vinyl film. It's not like regular paint that you have to sand off or dissolve off.

Last edited: