Water in Headlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since getting my truck back from Sarasota Ford, I have noticed water in my passenger headlamp in the form of condensation that I assumed would simply evaporate but it seems to just keep getting worse. I have never touched the headlights other than washing the vehicle and so I have no idea why or how this has gotten so bad but it looks terrible and Ford is claiming I didn't get the extended warranty that covers water in the headlamps... apparently there is actually such a thing...
Any advice on how to get the condensation out and keep it out?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since getting my truck back from Sarasota Ford, I have noticed water in my passenger headlamp in the form of condensation that I assumed would simply evaporate but it seems to just keep getting worse. I have never touched the headlights other than washing the vehicle and so I have no idea why or how this has gotten so bad but it looks terrible and Ford is claiming I didn't get the extended warranty that covers water in the headlamps... apparently there is actually such a thing...
Any advice on how to get the condensation out and keep it out?

Is your vehicle still under the basic warranty, or covered by any type of extended warranty?

The basic Ford warranty should cover the defect.

If the basic warranty is expired and you have an extended warranty, read the fine print to determine if the defect is covered.

bcb97

Reaction score
Make sure the dust cap on the back side of the bulbs are seated correctly. I'd say that's probably your problem if not a cracked headlight like someone else mentioned. This happened to me on my F150 and due to MS humidity, I ended up taking the headlight out and setting up a hair dryer to push air in and out through the headlight. I did this inside my house.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like an extended warranty that someone discounted and deleted all the good coverage from. Flood Ford is notorious for selling them like that. My dealer sold me the Ford Extended warranty and showed me exactly WHY Flood Ford was so cheap on their quotes. They had deleted all the electrical add-ons and such, no thanks!
Depending on the headlights you have, the LED's are crazy expensive.