Water Leak - 3rd row floorboard 2013 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-Force

Reaction score
I have a water leak that is underneath the vehicle. Each time we drive the Expedition in the rain the floorboards in the 3rd row become completely soaked. Water also fills the 2nd row seat clamps as the water comes into the car

I've had this repaired twice already at the dealer and it just happened again. The service advisor mentioned that it's a seal between two panels underneath the car that is not holding. I need to bring it back in soon but has anyone else had this issue?

jd spen

Reaction score
Same Problem

We have a 2013 expedition xlt and have experienced the exact same problem. It has been in the shop 3 times with them trying to seal body welds with no success. They will seal one then spray it with a water hose and think that they have it fixed. We pick up the vehicle, drive it in the rain for 10 min, and the carpet is soaked and seat lock wells are full of water. It is in now for the 4th time and we just filed a complaint with the Ford Customer Service Dept. We will see how it goes.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it is covered under warranty I'd hound the snot out of them until it is fixed.

Out of warranty, I would pull the interior carpet and rear seats. Drive in the rain and look for the intrusion point(s). Then head over to get the floorboards and leaks sprayed with bed liner.

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have a 2013 expedition xlt and have experienced the exact same problem. It has been in the shop 3 times with them trying to seal body welds with no success....
Welcome to the community, jd spen! :smile:

My name is Tricia, and I’m the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representative. Let me look into this further. What’s the mileage on your Expedition?

I have a water leak that is underneath the vehicle. Each time we drive the Expedition in the rain the floorboards in the 3rd row become completely soaked...
Hello G-Force,

I’m just checking in on you. Was this concern ever resolved? If not, what’s the mileage on your vechicle?

Tricia

Last edited:

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have a 2013 expedition xlt and have experienced the exact same problem. It has been in the shop 3 times with them trying to seal body welds with no success. They will seal one then spray it with a water hose and think that they have it fixed. We pick up the vehicle, drive it in the rain for 10 min, and the carpet is soaked and seat lock wells are full of water. It is in now for the 4th time and we just filed a complaint with the Ford Customer Service Dept. We will see how it goes.

I would file notice with the BBB as well as the NHTSA if you have the documentation to back up your claims. You will get a lot more out of that than a person on the forum doing CYA work.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where do you get CYA from her questions? The mileage will determine if it is a warranty issue.
Besides, leaks can be a real pain to locate the entry point.

OP
OP
G-Force

G-Force

Reaction score
Hello Tricia,

Thank you for trying to assist.

The Expedition has 27k miles on the odometer and we have owned the car for 20 months. We picked up the vehicle a week after I posted this inquiry and I have already filed an official case with Deborah within the Ford Customer service team.

I have a case that is already on file, but it has now been closed since the repair was completed 2 weeks ago and we have not seen the issue come back yet. We've had continuous rain in the Austin area for 2 weeks, so no leaks to report back.

If needed, please send me a PM and I can send you my VIN# and case number if you care to follow up.

Thank you for your help.
Tim

Last edited:

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello Tricia,

Thank you for trying to assist.

The Expedition has 27k miles on the odometer and we have owned the car for 20 months. We picked up the vehicle a week after I posted this inquiry and I have already filed an official case with Deborah within the Ford Customer service team...
You’re welcome, G-Force.

I’m glad to learn that the dealer resolved your concern. If the symptoms return, please don’t hesitate to PM me with the case number at that time. I’ll be happy to see how I can best assist.

In the meantime, enjoy your ride and have a great day! :smile:

Tricia