Well she got pummeled today at a four way stop....its a sad sad day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No totaled but beaten.
so the Tex DOT decided this week to take down a traffic light that controls 8 lanes of traffic across five potential turns or straight through, according to fire department this is number five just for this week
i am in the middle turn lane that goes LEFT, my turn and about half way through the intersection the expy jumps and and i probably said out loud crap or other nice words. turns out a buick enclave tried to climb in the rear cargo area via the rear wheel and lower qtr panel, the guy in the far left lane (turn) decided to go straight...

i felt bad as the driver was 84 year old from out of state. it crumbled his hood and broke some lights

lucky for all ..nobody was hurt. off to the body shop in the am to see if it will buff out or if i get some painting done
underneath looks same on both sides, so hopefully no hidden damage

20181004_183831.jpg

20181004_174217.jpg

20181004_175949.jpg

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Noooooooo! Glad you all are okay. Things can be replaced but people can't. We need someone to design a metal rear bumper with a side step or something....

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is a rough day! Good luck with the Body Shop!

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
That sucks, at least it's very minor damage to yours.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just got home from body shop..1277.67 to fix wheel, replace wheel trim piece, sand and repaint lower fascia, 4 wheel alignment , and rear sensor behind panel on the side, i got an intermittent fault this morning on it. the lower panel is ajar about 1/4 inch, but underneath the metal bracket is undamaged, but the wheel liner mud flap thing is bent.
now we wait on the other guys insurance to look at it. My insurance already met me at the body shop and just like last time four years ago, is fully engaged so by weds if the other company is slacking, it goes in and gets fixed.

best thing is no body on either side is hurt, or shaken up.
it just comes at a bad time as i have Metal ordered and need the expy to pull the trailer to go fetch it, i sure dont want to pay a 100 delivery fee.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you didn't get injured. Mine's been to the body shop twice this year (very unusual for me) the first time was from the incident in the car wash, the other when we were moving and the trailer that I was towing came unhooked and the rear bumper cover and crack it

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my insurance is ready to go now, i guess with Indiana insurance rules it must be different. I had to call them and file the claim against his insurance. I thought it was odd. as last time my company filed the claim agaisnt the state farm company, and still got my truck fixed and and whole again.
But tomorrow i plan to call mine and question the exact thing. Its not my fault so it should not impact my future premiums, plus my deductible of 250 should be reimbursed once my company files against his .at least that how it worked in 2014 when my 150 got smacked hard