Went to the mountains yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got done with one final yesterday and don't have another till Thursday, so I went for a little trail ride yesterday. Most of the snow is gone, but there are still some 15 foot drifts in the trees, and all of the "good" trails are marked off until the end of the month, but there was still some decent little mud holes. I only got a few pics, but would have had more since I found some batteries for my camera after I was almost done.

IMG_2231.jpg
IMG_2232.jpg
IMG_2233.jpg

I didn't get any pics of the road before this, but it was full of ruts and lots more mud, but I got through the entire day without using 4x4 once, and even got up a pretty steep muddy hill with a little work.

OP
OP
99 Expy

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, I got moved for work this summer, but I can't wait to get up to the Bighorns. There are some good trails up there.

I forgot to add that when I went up yesterday it was 45, and when I left, I couldn't see more than few hundred yards from the snow lol. Typical Wyoming springtime weather :)

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kinda looks like my expy right now... has been raining for weeks and corn fields are swamps so going turkey hunting has been fun....lol but your trail riding looks like more fun

OP
OP
99 Expy

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
dont you have a4wd? so technology you kind of did use 4wd. haha

I have a4wd, but it doesn't work. The 4hi and lo work fine, but not the a4wd and the switch doesn't light up, not sure what's wrong with it, but it doesn't bother me.

OP
OP
99 Expy

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yupp, when my parents first bought it, there were some electrical problems and a bunch of modules were replaced. Something was messed up with the 4wd too. I don't remember what was all wrong, but since I've owned it, the a4wd hasn't worked, but 4hi and 4lo work fine. I like 2wd instead of the auto4, so I haven't looked into it at all.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
o got it. so its your very own brown wire mod. haha i only use a4wd when its raining. with so cal and having dry spells for months at a time when it rains the roads are very slick so i use a4wd mainly for freeway use. other then that i love drifting this thing. speaking of... need to start a new thread... :pepper::pepper:

OP
OP
99 Expy

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
o got it. so its your very own brown wire mod. haha i only use a4wd when its raining. with so cal and having dry spells for months at a time when it rains the roads are very slick so i use a4wd mainly for freeway use. other then that i love drifting this thing. speaking of... need to start a new thread... :pepper::pepper:

I guess it is my own brown wire mod :) but unintentionally. . . . I like having 2wd instead of 4wd so that when I get stuck, I can put it in 4 and get out. I try to stay out of 4wd as much as possible since I like to do challenge myself. I need to find some better trails, because other than dropping through snow drifts, I haven't had much where I can't get through. And I was upset at the beginning of the winter because I couldn't drift much because I was too heavy and too good of traction. . . but it was fun as hell in my old 2wd pickup . . .