What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Been working like crazy lately so I haven't had alot of forum time so this wasn't today but I had a horrible squealing noise under the hood so I replaced the idler and tensioner pulled about 3 weeks ago.

Then the rear brakes started grinding after having to slam on the brakes and I found one of the pads sheared right off the mount so I threw on some coated rotors and ceramic pads.

Rear tires were in horrible shape so I got 2 new Wild Country XTX's.

I need an alignment badly and my struts are shot so I ordered some Monroe quick-struts from Rockauto which came Thursday so those will be going on this weekend.

I ordered ceramic pads and coated rotors for the front which will go on when I do the struts, then two new tires for the front and the alignment.

Drivers door window regulator took a crap on one of the coldest days of the year so I ordered a new one and a new power window master switch since it didn't want to roll up the passenger window, installed them both yesterday, THANK GOD I HAVE WORKING WINDOWS AGAIN!!!

I'm ordering my new plugs and MSD coils right now, then will be the driver and passenger side cats and o2 sensors. After that I have to chase down why the abs light is on and why the message center is constantly saying "check advancetrac", I'm guessing I'll be doing wheel bearings soon. Good thing I'm working 70hrs/week lol.

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So after doing a little more shopping and research I went with the summit coils instead of the msd's. Also ordered my motorcraft plugs, should be here early next week.

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After that I have to chase down why the abs light is on, I'm guessing I'll be doing wheel bearings soon.

Both times my ABS light went on, it was because of bad wheel bearings. Rear right last summer and front left last month.

One weird thing I noticed both times is that the on-board GPS also went crazy whenever the ABS light was on. Guess it uses the ABS speed sensors.

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Both times my ABS light went on, it was because of bad wheel bearings. Rear right last summer and front left last month.

One weird thing I noticed both times is that the on-board GPS also went crazy whenever the ABS light was on. Guess it uses the ABS speed sensors.
That's what my guess was. I'm hoping I can kill two birds and that'll take care of the "check advancetrac" message I'm getting and my traction control is functional again.

igozumn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I drove mine today. Finished up the intake gaskets/plugs/coils/belt/idlers/tensioner job yesterday. Glad to have it back!

mr49erguy

Reaction score
I replaced the upper and lower rear trailing arms and rear shocks in mine yesterday morning. It was a gorgeous spring day to work on a vehicle. Now if I can track the new coolant leak that I seem to have exposed coming from the passenger side rear, I will be ready to get mine back on the road.

Dayak1

Reaction score
Messed with the COP

Just bought a 2003 Baur addition to find out that someone broke off 3 of the connection tabs that hook to the the COP, and snapped off 2 of the bolts that hold the packs in. Just ordered a bunch of parts to start working on this. Should be able to start soon. It has been doing the Stalling durring runninf trick and thowing the code for the CPS i think it was called, but read it could be the Alternator wiring harness or combanation of all of them so i ordered the HArness, CPM and All the COP and plugs,

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just bought a 2003 Baur addition to find out that someone broke off 3 of the connection tabs that hook to the the COP, and snapped off 2 of the bolts that hold the packs in. Just ordered a bunch of parts to start working on this. Should be able to start soon. It has been doing the Stalling durring runninf trick and thowing the code for the CPS i think it was called, but read it could be the Alternator wiring harness or combanation of all of them so i ordered the HArness, CPM and All the COP and plugs,
Welcome to the forum, stop by the new member section and introduce yourself, post up some pics of your new ride, etc. Good luck with all your fixes.