What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gave the truck it's spring oil change, I put in a magnetic drain plug in in the fall and I was surprised how much metal shavings it picked up, I guess some stuff doesn't get trapped in the oil filter after all.. Cleaned the volant air filter and mass air flow sensor also, about to fire it up right now!!

dea69fa75c357d41e10011d8e104ca29.jpg

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed new headlights with black housings to complete the FX4 conversion but didn't really read up how to aim the lights and it appears that I have bent the washers on both side of the headlights on the long bolt used to adjust the field of light... Oops... Now I guess I'm going to try and fit some new washers and see if I can make them aim a little higher up so they aren't fog lights.
925b102f7c458351ecb19cbb93344ec4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks great Gruz! Where did you get em? I have always wanted to get those for my truck.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great Gruz! Where did you get em? I have always wanted to get those for my truck.

Thanks cman, I got them off eBay and I don't really like the plastic the company I bought them from used so I just purchased another set from 1AAuto today that will be here in a week... I can imagine it's a better call than using eBay. They were $110 shipped I believe from 1A and they don't come with bulbs. They are simple to install but a PAIN to adjust. I'll attach a link too.
http://m.1aauto.com/2003-06-ford-expedition-headlight-pair/i/1alhp00418?f=263224&y=2003

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The expedition started throwing codes p0171 and p0174 (again) the last time I had to do a complete overhaul to get the gremlins out, but I had just cleaned the mass air flow sensor and the codes came immediately after so I grabbed one at the junk yard today and threw it on, codes are now gone and I'm idling nicer also.
a67ca9af3ec6b34fa6be7c9843735c24.jpg

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed all the fluids and washed the engine bay.

How'd you go about washing the bay? I hear some people just hide the entire thing with degreaser and some say you have plastic bag the battery and electric components

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How'd you go about washing the bay? I hear some people just hide the entire thing with degreaser and some say you have plastic bag the battery and electric components

I think it's also very important to wash the engine when it's cold, I was told that the plastic intake manifold can be affected if it's pressure washed with the engine warm, possibly damaging the seal between the intake gasket and heads/intake manifold, I would also cover the battery and alternator with a bag so it doesn't get too soaked with water.

That's all I did when I washed my bay and everything worked out great... I apologize for answering someone else's question, just trying to help!

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome so tomorrow I'll be washing my engine bay as well and as for today I got my monster hook in the mail and I'll have it on tomorrow with pics for you guys on a new thread