What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks good. I finally got tired of all the rattles so I did/am putting a bit of foam and adhesive felt on certain contact points on the front interior panels. I forgot my tools so there are a few places I can't do today but I am doing what I can.

Also took the truck up lookout mountain today and the trans temps hit 195 max on the climb up (74 F, me in the truck, AC on, OD locked out and in 2nd gear for most of it) but didn't get into the danger zone. This tells me that my truck will be needing a bigger tranny cooler in the future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome guys and yeah that looks great! What products do you use? I have degreaser but I get nervous covering my entire engine bay with the stuff to clean it lol and I don't have the stones to pressure wash it like some people on YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Awesome guys and yeah that looks great! What products do you use? I have degreaser but I get nervous covering my entire engine bay with the stuff to clean it lol and I don't have the stones to pressure wash it like some people on YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I don't have the balls to use water in the engine bay either. :) Not even low pressure. That's why I used a waterless wash spray (Meguiars brand) and a few rags to clean the plastics, hoses, battery, pipes. I only sprayed those and was careful to not spray into the alternator.
After that I used some Simoniz dashboard cleaning foam to make things shiny. Still wasn't 100% happy with the look of the plastics and I had some Duplicolor clear coat laying around the garage, so I sprayed a few coats of that over the plastics to give them an extra shiny wet look. I avoided spraying that on the hoses. Not sure how it reacts to rubber and didn't want the rubber to crack or anything.

Last edited:

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also took the truck up lookout mountain today and the trans temps hit 195 max on the climb up (74 F, me in the truck, AC on, OD locked out and in 2nd gear for most of it) but didn't get into the danger zone. This tells me that my truck will be needing a bigger tranny cooler in the future.

How did you measure the trans temp?

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How did you measure the trans temp?
I mounted a ScanGauge II on my truck since February or March and I have it set to display the trans temp on it. Best $169 I've spent on that truck.

00EddieExpy

Reaction score
Installed a Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover over my worn factory leather, went with the two-tone Euro style in Blue and Oak which looks good with the medium wedgewood blue/medium parchment Eddie Bauer color combo

picture.jpg

k9education

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I mounted a ScanGauge II on my truck since February or March and I have it set to display the trans temp on it. Best $169 I've spent on that truck.

I just ordered an UltraGauge MX 1.3 for mine. I'm not quite sure where I'm going to put it yet, but for now it can share my iOttie windshield mount with my phone.

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just mounted it up on my dash with the factory supplied Velcro and it works great so far. Not sure why the picture is sideways... ac3d0e735ae74eb3678fc70f8dad0311.jpg

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder on the ScanGauge X-gauges. I programmed mine for trans temp today. Might do a few others.