What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1oldtimer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Installed a Kenwood DNX994s to my 13 Expy Last week. I used the idatalink module and their wire harness. I opted to turn off Sync and use the Phone and Voice buttons on the steering wheel to access my iPhone directly.
I did have to add an RCA plug to the rear camera wire but other than that I had no issues hooking it up. Everything works great.
I kept the stock amp and sub with amp. I do plan on upgrading the speakers at a later date. But for now, I'm happy.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil and checked air pressures. Slightly annoyed motorcraft changed the FL-820S so the wrench I bought for it a while back has to be replaced.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
Getting rear diff rebuilt, rear axle bearings and seals.

Repairs on this truck cost more than a high class ******.

papaweely

Reaction score
Recently replaced all shocks with KYB Strut-Plus assemblies, Michelin Defender LT tires. Feels like it has a stout stance and NO bounce over ****** railroad tracks.

scottc

Reaction score
JExpedition07, do you know what year the chain tensioner gaskets were updated? I just bought a 2010 that had the complete timing system changed out by the previous owner at a dealership in 2019. Wondering if the new tensioners were the updated ones? Unfortunately, the oil pump was not replaced with a mellner HV. I read that Ford updated their oil pump, but I don't know when., And if they did, what happened to my 2010? thanks, scott

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
JExpedition07, do you know what year the chain tensioner gaskets were updated? I just bought a 2010 that had the complete timing system changed out by the previous owner at a dealership in 2019. Wondering if the new tensioners were the updated ones? Unfortunately, the oil pump was not replaced with a mellner HV. I read that Ford updated their oil pump, but I don't know when., And if they did, what happened to my 2010? thanks, scott
Instead of hijacking this thread you should start your own.
Heres how,
https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/correct-way-to-start-a-thread.47954/

Or you can PM @JExpedition07 by hovering curser over thier name or avatar and click start conversation.
Also they will not get an alert unless you quote them (like i have quoted you) or mention them by typing (@) then their name.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In May, I accidentally snapped the rear wiper and decided to pull off the arm and replace it with the other style arm. Since I typically only use that wiper in the snow, I shoved the arm in a garage cabinet and kind of forgot about it. With snow coming soon though, I finally picked up a Bosch Icon 17A and replaced the arm. Next up: 3-camera dash cam install.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I vacuumed out all of the pine needles from the Christmas tree. Nice having an EL, just shoved the whole tree in the truck. No tying it up or putting it on the roof.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I retired the ole gal. She’s relaxing in my garage. Been relieved of duty by 2021 Nissan Rogue AWD.

The Nissan will assume all road responsibilities of 500-1000 miles week.

Long live the ole gal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImWearingPants