What did you do to your expedition today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mazdaparts

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had to change the negative battery cable end on mine. I was at work and got a call from the wife that the expy wouldn't start. She said its clicking from the dash and there is no lights or anything working. I thought dead battery. Had her get my DMM and check the voltage. It was 12.8v. Told her to turn on the headlights and check it again. No change and the lights were not on either. When I got home she took the car and went grocery shopping, I set to work on the expy. Decided to clean the terminals as the positive had blue fur growing out of it. As soon as the wrench hit the negative terminal it spun around the post. Eureka. Replaced it with a lead one and had it running again in 30 minutes.

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
spent a few minutes watching the pump empty my wallet, not too bad at 16.3mpg average but damn does the size of that tank (30 gal) sneak up on me. not bad though seeing as I could easily do 500 highway miles with that tank.

Pedition2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Front brake pad replacement, back tomorrow. Black plasti dip the bumpers and brown trim around fenders. Nest is the rest of the brown trim and the brown side steps.

Scott Yancey

Reaction score
A4WD conversion

I took on deleting the All Wheel Drive on my 2001 EB Expedition. I purchased a KC Hilites 30 amp rocker switch along with its bracket and mounted it low and against the console, ran the wires through the firewall, installed a 30 amp inline fuse then tied it into to fuse box slot# 104, I used all insulted female connectors and 10 gauge wire. I had to modify the connectors and had to cut a piece out of the fuse box, I also drilled 2 3/16's holes in the side of the fuse box to run the wires through. Everything looks nice and works just like I wanted. I took pictures and will try to post.

Bluepeteguy69

Reaction score
Working on a Wonky Radio

Recently, on my 97, my radio started working intermittently. It started with the clock not keeping time if I didn't drive it everyday. Everything works fine. No other electrical issues that would indicate a crazy GEM. The radio will work, but not all the time now. No real pattern of working/not working. Tried to take the radio out. No success. Off to YouTube to see how to get the radio out. I do have the removal pins.

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, you put the pins in with the little notch inward then you squeeze the two inward and pull the radio out. (after you remove the bezel of course)

OP
OP
I

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I am supposed to be tracking a light misfire issue but on my way home Friday I saw a for rent sign up on a place I had my eyes on since last year. so, my expy is going to move me once more to a new place. so, this week I will be hauling in my expy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUSTAFA4072