what do you do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rayexpo

Reaction score
I think I got some bad gas and my check engine light came on is there any way to get the light to cut off, or do I have to take it to the dealer to get the computer reset. What do you guys think?:confused:

DodgeRamAw06

Reaction score
if you turn your key forward 5x, that resets the computer. Just turn it forward so the guages come on 5x, then the doors will lock and unlock and the light should go off.

OP
OP
R

Rayexpo

Reaction score
I dont know. I tried it and nothing happened. but maybe I did it wrong.

cappy

Reaction score
If the light came on just after you fuled up check the gas cap. Mine did it to me oince and I just took the gas cap off and put it back on about 20 min later the check engine light went off. Otherwise you should bring it in for service there maybe somthing else going on. BTW the ignition thing is 3 times to reset the comp but thats all it does. It wont fix a problem thats causing the check light to come on.

Last edited:

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you can take it to auto zone and have them do the free check engine light thing and see if they will turn it off for you or you can buy the same machine and do it your self but you wont use the machine that often so it would be pointless inless you work on alot of cars